Ez-Flow Wow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
Hi,
I have just recieved my Gel It kit :biggrin: I ordered yesterday lunch time and it was here by 10 this morning.
Not tried it yet but 10 out of 10 to them for speed.

me too lell, just arrived. its packet lovely eh ! xx

I haven't heard of this new Gel it from EZ Flow. Is it new ? Was it at ExCel ? What Does it do? I need more info !!!

lell said:
Hi,
I have just recieved my Gel It kit :biggrin: I ordered yesterday lunch time and it was here by 10 this morning.

When you have a play, let us know what it's like.

Oh I will post a pic, Joanne posted a pic the other day of her first go at Gel It :biggrin: The system looks great with such a lot of different combo's to choose from.

Do you have a web address for them?

there is a thread on page 2 re gel it first attempt, here are some people who have used and share there findings?

HOW MUCH DOES THIS KIT COST? IF YOU DO NOT MIND ME ASKING.

THANKS

lell said:
Hi,

Did You Buy The Lamp?

Have Just Looked Up Price In My Catalog Thanks Anyway If Any One Answers Me.

Caz

caz3 said:
HOW MUCH DOES THIS KIT COST? IF YOU DO NOT MIND ME ASKING.

THANKS

The Gel Kit is on special promotional offer at the moment

Buy the Gel It Lamp for £125.00 + VAT and receive a full professional Gel It Kit! containing enough products to create 55 full sets of nail enhancements completely FREE (normal cost £130.00 + VAT)

Orders can be placed by contacting the EzFlow Sales Division on 01204 412002

Maria

Thanks very much

Caz

NAVIGATOR said:
The Gel Kit is on special promotional offer at the moment

Buy the Gel It Lamp for £125.00 + VAT and receive a full professional Gel It Kit! containing enough products to create 55 full sets of nail enhancements completely FREE (normal cost £130.00 + VAT)

Orders can be placed by contacting the EzFlow Sales Division on 01204 412002

Maria

Can anyone tell me more about the Gel It lamp please? I thought for the price it would be a 36w lamp, but it only has 2 x 4w bulbs in it, although it says these are black light - does that make a difference, is a black light bulb different to the normal UV bulbs? Or is it just an rather expensive lamp? (My last 9w lamp only cost me £50).

Also, is it because of the lamp that the gels are a 3 minute cure? I've been using 2 minute cure gels with a 36w lamp so although I'm a fan of Ez Flow, I'm not keen on adding minutes to the length of a gel service.

I think (for the price) the timer could have been incorporated into the lamp (like my current old faithful), I used the Gel It lamp at the weekend and although the timer went off and my mum took her nails out of the lamp, I kept forgetting to switch it off - not recommended with a pot of gel close by!

I'm currently trying out a few different gels to see which one I want to go with permanently, and while I like the different colours in the Ez flow Gel It kit, especially 'Edge It', it takes second place to another at the moment in my opinion! :wink2:

But 10 out of 10 for quick delivery - must agree with that!

Jackie

JackieMc said:
Can anyone tell me more about the Gel It lamp please? I thought for the price it would be a 36w lamp, but it only has 2 x 4w bulbs in it, although it says these are black light - does that make a difference, is a black light bulb different to the normal UV bulbs? Or is it just an rather expensive lamp? (My last 9w lamp only cost me £50).

Also, is it because of the lamp that the gels are a 3 minute cure? I've been using 2 minute cure gels with a 36w lamp so although I'm a fan of Ez Flow, I'm not keen on adding minutes to the length of a gel service.

I think (for the price) the timer could have been incorporated into the lamp (like my current old faithful), I used the Gel It lamp at the weekend and although the timer went off and my mum took her nails out of the lamp, I kept forgetting to switch it off - not recommended with a pot of gel close by!

I'm currently trying out a few different gels to see which one I want to go with permanently, and while I like the different colours in the Ez flow Gel It kit, especially 'Edge It', it takes second place to another at the moment in my opinion! :wink2:

Jackie

hi jackie, ok here we go...

firstly the lamp. the fact thats the bulbs are black light is there to help you see that the lamp is on!!! now the wattage, when it comes down to the lamp wattage, this is actually only the amount of power needed to power the bulb. a 4 watt bulb needs 4 watts of power an 8 watt needs 8 and so on, this has nothing to do with the UV output as , infact, some 32 watt bulbs can release less UV than some 8 watt thats why manufacturers always insist you use there light, its not a selling point! another factor in the price of the lamp is the reflector system we have in there - this helps you to cure one hand fully without having to do a separate cure for the thumbs as the UV rays are reflected all around the light. the timer wasn't built in as then we would of had to charge a little more - simple as that. it is a valid point and something we are looking into though.

ok, cure time. Gel it is a 3 minuite cure because we've lowered the amount of photo initiater in there, hence needing slightly longer to cure. we did this to ensure our gel would remain colour stable and less prone to aging as too much photo initiater can in fact cause the gel to age prematurely and speed up yellowing.when it comes to doing you full set this won't add that much to your overall time - just 2 minuites, 1 per hand.

phew, i thinks thats everything answered for you,

good luck with whichever gel you decide to use

antony

Anthony, does the fact that there are less photo initiators in the gel means that the risk of "heat spike" is reduced? And are you demoing it at Olympia?

yes am sure they will be demo at the show, will let anthony reply to the rest!! not sure if he is still on the site, if not will let you know?
Sassy Hassy said:
Anthony, does the fact that there are less photo initiators in the gel means that the risk of "heat spike" is reduced? And are you demoing it at Olympia?

Thanks Caroline, sorry should have aimed my questions at any EZ Flow Geek!

hi

as sparklepink said in the other thread, she has brought two....one for each hand.........as there is a fab saving at the mo!!, i.e buy lamp get kit free-- kit will do 55 sets of nails!

JackieMc said:

Jackie

Sassy Hassy said:

the risk of heat spike it greatly reduced indeed!!!!! i always base and freeze cure a damaged or very thin nail first just to be sure then begin to build.,

i'll hopefully be demoing at olmpia, though a am competing so will be running on the stand inbetween!!!! i'll see what i can do though. saying that, if i'm not there other educators will be ther demoing the gel too.

you better not with a british champion there to help!! only kidding we work as a team and are happy to help any one at all!
Sassy Hassy said:
Thanks Caroline, sorry should have aimed my questions at any EZ Flow Geek!

Latest posts

Back