Ez-Flow Wow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Caroline when you say it does 55 sets of nails is this using all the different combinations? How many sets would I get out of just Clear it? ( trying to do my prices lol)

not sure will get some info and let u know? or pm navigator aka maria who has all the figures?..... 7 pots divide by 55 should give you the ansewer? sorry brains frassled to day been a long one?
lell said:
Caroline when you say it does 55 sets of nails is this using all the different combinations? How many sets would I get out of just Clear it? ( trying to do my prices lol)

Antony clear your pm box..........please

lell said:

you should get around 15 to 20 sets from the pot of clear it depending on the length and thickness. i think i managed 17 from my last pot

antnbuckley said:
you should get around 15 maybe 20 sets from the pot of clear it

Thank you babe xx

antnbuckley said:
the risk of heat spike it greatly reduced indeed!!!!! i always base and freeze cure

Could you tell me what this means please sorry I am new I did use a gel from sallys once on myself and when I put fingers under the lamp the heat was so much I had to take them back out within seconds! I think this was star nails never used it again.

Thanks Caz

lell said:
Oh I will post a pic, Joanne posted a pic the other day of her first go at Gel It :biggrin: The system looks great with such a lot of different combo's to choose from.

Hiya Lell,

In what ways does it differ to Brisa? How does it compare cost wise? Do they have coloured gels?

XX

caz3 said:
antnbuckley said:
the risk of heat spike it greatly reduced indeed!!!!! i always base and freeze cure

Could you tell me what this means please sorry I am new I did use a gel from sallys once on myself and when I put fingers under the lamp the heat was so much I had to take them back out within seconds! I think this was star nails never used it again.

Thanks Caz

i apply a VERY thin layer of gel to the nail, then freeze cure for 20 seconds. this puts back the layer that was missing from very thin or damaged nail plates. you can also get a heat spike if the gel is applied to thickly so remember 2 thin layers are better than 1!!!

Caz the heat spike is what you experienced with the Star Nails gel. It is caused by the photo initiators reacting to the ultra violet light, it agitates the molecules and creates a friction heat sensation. As the gel cures the molecules cannot move freely and so the heat sensation settles down. Heat spike is one of the major draw backs with gel as you have experienced!

A way around this is to start with a thin layer as the thickness of the gel can contribute enormously to the degree of heat spike. I think what Anthony means by freeze is that you only put the hand under the light for a few seconds before the uv has time to really activate the PIs, take it out for a few seconds and then you should be able to put under for a full cure with little or no risk of that burning feeling.

Sara Satchell said:
Hiya Lell,

In what ways does it differ to Brisa? How does it compare cost wise? Do they have coloured gels?

XX

afraid i can't tell you how it compares to brisa, usage and cost wise. i can tell you however that we don't have any plans for releasing any coloured gels at the moment - we are staying with our 7 french manicure colours, though that may be reviewed in the future.

Sassy Hassy said:
Caz the heat spike is what you experienced with the Star Nails gel. It is caused by the photo initiators reacting to the ultra violet light, it agitates the molecules and creates a friction heat sensation. As the gel cures the molecules cannot move freely and so the heat sensation settles down. Heat spike is one of the major draw backs with gel as you have experienced!

A way around this is to start with a thin layer as the thickness of the gel can contribute enormously to the degree of heat spike. I think what Anthony means by freeze is that you only put the hand under the light for a few seconds before the uv has time to really activate the PIs, take it out for a few seconds and then you should be able to put under for a full cure with little or no risk of that burning feeling.

exactly!!!:biggrin:

Sara Satchell said:
Hiya Lell,

XX

Hi Sara,
I can't tell you how it compares because I have not used Brisa yet.
But I have used Gel It tonight and found it a brill gel to work with, The range of pinks is very good to match different skin tones. The finish it is brill and doesn't need wiping after curing. I did my daughters nails one french with pink it the other hand french with clear it and it looks brill.

Hi all,
Sorry to be a pain, but where do you all buy EZ Flow from? And do you have to be trained with them, to buy from them?
Would be grateful if someone could reply.
Thanx

antnbuckley said:
hi jackie, ok here we go...

firstly the lamp. the fact thats the bulbs are black light is there to help you see that the lamp is on!!! now the wattage, when it comes down to the lamp wattage this is actually only the amount of power needed to power thr bulb. a 4 watt bulb needs 4 watts of power an 8 watt needs and and so on, this has nothing to do with the UV output as , infact, some 32 watt bulbs can release less UV than some 8 watt thats why manufacturers always insist you use there light, its not a selling point! another factor in the p[rice of the lamp is the reflector system we have in there - this help you to cure one hand fully without having to do a separate cure for the thumbs as the UV rays are reflected all around the light. thge timer wasn't built in as then we would of had to charge a little more - simple as that. it is a valid point and something we are looking into though.

ok, cure time. Gel it is a 3 minuite cure because we've lowered the amount of photo initiater in there, hence needing slightly longer to cure. we did this to ensure our gel would remain colour stable and less prone to aging as too much photo initiater can in fact cause the gel to age prematurely and speed up yellowing.when it comes to doing you full set this won't add that much to your overall time - just 2 minuites, 1 per hand.

phew, i thinks thats everything answred for you,

good luck with whichever gel you decide to use

antony

Thanks Antony, you've explained it all wonderfully. :) I did find I had to cure my mum's thumbs a little longer than the other fingers when all in together (after applying Finish It, both thumbs lost their shine within minutes of being taken out of the lamp whereas the other fingers were fine), but this could be due to her being 'gammy-handed'! :biggrin:

Jackie

JackieMc said:
Thanks Antony, you've explained it all wonderfully. :) I did find I had to cure my mum's thumbs a little longer than the other fingers when all in together (after applying Finish It, both thumbs lost their shine within minutes of being taken out of the lamp whereas the other fingers were fine), but this could be due to her being 'gammy-handed'! :biggrin:

Jackie

just make sure the thumbs aren't too need the side of the lamp to give the UV chance to reflect and you'll be fine once you've done the 3 minute cure

GlitzyGirl said:
Hi all,
Sorry to be a pain, but where do you all buy EZ Flow from? And do you have to be trained with them, to buy from them?
Would be grateful if someone could reply.
Thanx

you dont have to ba trained by ezflow to purchase the products.

if you call maria at California Nails on 01204 412002 she will be more than happy to assist you

Glad that you liked it!
lell said:
Hi Sara,
I can't tell you how it compares because I have not used Brisa yet.
But I have used Gel It tonight and found it a brill gel to work with, The range of pinks is very good to match different skin tones. The finish it is brill and doesn't need wiping after curing. I did my daughters nails one french with pink it the other hand french with clear it and it looks brill.

come on lell.......piccies

what a bint i am ..just seen them.lol

Latest posts

Back