Fabric# natural overlay problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ValencianNails

Positivity rules!
Reaction score
Hi guys
I'm hoping one of you will be able to help me.
I've done a search but it only seemed to cover gel or L+P so here goes...

I have a client who has been having regular rebalances with Fabric# after having full enhancements.
I went to her appt on Friday and she asked me to soak off her tips so that she could have natural wraps. They looked beautiful when I'd finished them, I was really proud of my work UNTIL she phoned me this morning to say that she is experiencing some chipping on the free edge.

I knew about capping the free edge so that can't be the problem, or can it?

Is there something that I might be missing?

I used MTW to create a crisp smile, not thickly, 2 thin coats (where needed).

I read about the shrinkage of product with gel etc, is that the same with Fabric#?

I'm going to 'sort her nails out' this coming friday, look forward to your replies.
Sandi x

With a natural nail overlay, you really have to be sure that you do not go too thin at the free edge ... so use that BOOST and cap at the same time. then don't go and file it all off.

The problem with any natural nail overlay is that the natural nail has much more flexibility than the overlay, so when the ends of the nails are 'used', the nail tends to bend and the overlay chips.

You can be successful with NNO's using gel and wraps, but they do have to be strong at the tips. Liquid and powder does the most successful NNO's because it is so strong in the first place.

If it were me Sandi, I'd put a double wrap in the tip and stress area to give that extra strength next time.

Thanks Gigi x
I'd put a double wrap in the tip and stress area to give that extra strength next time
where would you place the Fabric# on the second piece, would it be from stress area down to the edge of the tip? and also would it be placed inbetween BOND applications, what I mean is... layer of Fabric#, saturate with BOND then apply the 2nd strip then BOND again then carry on as normal?
sorry if that sounds confusing but I've never had this problem before.
xx

Exactly as you have described!! Perfect.

ahh excellent... hehe I do have some common sense after all :D
cheers Geeg xx

Hi
Glad I found this thread on "search" because I have been experiencing the same problems with NNO and Fabric. I will try to sort this out with my client next time she comes in.

Bond
Fabric# = fibreglass
Bond
Fabric# = fibreglass from stress area to tip
Build - possibly twice
Boost
etc
etc

What I have found too is that the overlay becomes "crackle-glazed". Do you think I am not spraying the activator from far enough away?!?!?! It seems to happen with a couple of clients.

Perhaps Gigi has the answer!

PS: any news on the master class in Spain as suggested by you Gigi?

Best wishes

the cracking in the glaze, (I take it that it's happening after using brush on blast) is caused by using too much Blast with Boost, it has happened to me a couple of times, easily overcome by using just a little less brush on Blast :)
hth
x

HI Sandi
I only use the brush on blast once I have wiped/drained the brush before using the remainder on the brush to activate the boost. It still seems to happen though but not on all clients!
Regards

This problem is more likely caused by the BOOST layer being too thick rather than that you used too much activator.

BOOST layers shoud be thin. The BOOST itself is thick so there is no need to over load it on to the nail. Less is more. Tiny lentil size bead.

The NNO 'free-edge-chipping-problem' is common to all systems if the product is put on too thin. This is not a problem with Fabric#. Gel, traditional wraps and even L/P will all chip at the free edge if special precautions for each system are not taken.

:o I thought it was over activating, sorry for giving out the wrong info

just a quick update on my original problem... went to sort out the natural overlay this morning, all went well... the second layer of fibreglass went on really well.
x

Latest posts

Back