Fake gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellyb1311

kelly
Reaction score
I bought coloured gels from eBay and have used them twice and my face and eyes have swelled up! Has anybody bought of eBay? What brands are the best to use?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 173
Never use ebay to buy nail colours!

I won't now! Just trying to find the best gel recommended for starting off

What product range did you use in training?

Although even that may cause you problems now, once you have had an allergic reaction you are always going to be allergic. You may need to leave off any gel system altogether. Sorry.

Sorry if this is a daft question but how come the ops eyes and face have swollen? Do allergies all come out in the face or is it from rubbing the face with the gel on the hands? It looks just like when a client is allergic to hair or lash tint which I thought made your face swell because it's in the area?

I aquired an acrylic system from ebay - long story short i ordered a big bumper set of glitter, nail stickers etc for my daughter, didnt realise it had this acrylic system in it. Put it to one side obviously as wasnt going to give that to my daughter, got bored one night and thought id mess around with it. This was the result. I was even more horrified to find people online recommending them for professional use!

WIN_20150411_101336.JPG

Kahuna - Itll be because shes touched her face, thats what i think caued mine as it didnt happen straight away. I put it on and realised it was even worse quality than i thought it would be, but OH wanted to go to bed so i thought id soak them off the next day and woke up like that

Yeh I touched my face not thinking anything of it! I have been training at college with asp

Wow! That's bad! Aw guys I feel bad for you, I've bought various bits from eBay for personal use, never had any issues like this but I haven't tried colours gel or glitter, I hope your ok soon! Thanks for explaining too x

I took antihistimine which helped but i have really strong ones for panic attacks.
I knew i shouldnt have touched the stuff no idea why i did lol i knew itd be rubbish at best x

I've learnt the hard way, investing in branded gels, what gels would any of u guys recommend

I don't use gels but if you're just wanting something to play around with while you're training Naio are reasonably priced. I use their acrylics for the colours and love them.

I had a customer come to mne that had had an allergic reaction to gel that was used in a local salon, not sure what they use but i've always been a bit wary of them from stories ive heard. her face swelled up and so did her nail walls and eponychium. She wanted gel putting back on so after i'd explained to her she may be allergic to all gel I tested OPI gelcolor on each of her pinkies as she was desperate to have it and was a loyal customer. She didn't react at all and all was well.

Yeh I touched my face not thinking anything of it! I have been training at college with asp
Can I ask you to update your profile showing your qualifications as it helps other geeks to tailor their answers better.

Also, as Izzi said you may find that now you have experienced an allergic reaction to one type of gel polish you react to others, so it would probably be better to try having a different brand applied to just one nail before you invest your money in buying more products which you might not be able to use.

Latest posts

Back