Fanola non yellow shampoo?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karinmcgurran

Reaction score
would anyone recommend this shampoo and how good do you think it is? Looking for something to soften the golden tones on my hair

Attachments

• IMG_7085.JPG
    IMG_7085.JPG
    703 KB · Views: 81
hi my friend uses this and raves about it...she leaves it on for five mins or so and gives a nice pastel shade. Hope this helps

Use it sparingly. I can't tell from the picture but your lighter coloured hair looks potentially porous and might suck up the purple toned shampoo and go a dingy grey. If it does, you'll need to wash it out with a deep cleansing shampoo and then use a moisturising conditioner afterwards.

would anyone recommend this shampoo and how good do you think it is? Looking for something to soften the golden tones on my hair

I had my hair coloured with Igora Silver, and used the Fanola to get rid of any residual yellow tones.
After the first wash (left on for 5 mins) I noticed quite a slight violetty hue, but not enough for anyone else to notice.
After the second, it was stronger and my hair didn't feel nice, and after the 3rd I was trying to dry it, and couldn't work out why it wouldn't dry... it was so claggy and greasy feeling that I had to go wash it again, shampooing twice to get rid of the build up!!
Hated it.
I emailed Fanola about it rather than just leave them a bad review and they refunded me, but I wouldn't use it again.
I offered it to my sis however, whom I had just done a balyage for and it has taken the yellow out of hers... maybe it's because I have really thick, porous hair and hers is thin?
I agree to use sparingly though.

Interesting @beachywaves I usually use fudge blonde toning shampoo but was going to try this.

I agree with AcidPerm looking at the picture I'd guess your hair will soak up the pigments more at the mids & ends on the lighter pieces and not do much to the tinted golden areas nearer the roots.

Interesting @beachywaves I usually use fudge blonde toning shampoo but was going to try this.

I like Fudge's purple shampoo. I've been using it for a while and retailing it to my blonde ladies.

Latest posts

Back