Feeling despondent about Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gea9nine

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm really feeling low about the longevity of Shellac on a few of my clients, I've being doing Shellac for 6 years now and about 4 of my lady's shellac isn't lasting the full two weeks, chips, coming off whole and white spots on the nails! Can anyone give me some advice? Thanks x

Only four clients not getting two weeks doesn't sound too bad if you have lots of nail clients.
Perhaps look at the individual history, lifestyle & nail type of each client to find the reasons.
I'm guessing you've already tried double top coating with the old UV top coat or putting a layer of UV top coat on after the base coat and then the colour layers with these clients?

I am having major issues with Shellac too but with quite a few more clients. Some are absolutely fine but others chip or lift after a few days. It's really getting me down. I decided to try double top coat the other day but lady messages to say they chopped already [emoji37] I just used express 5 X 2 at the end. Do you think it works better with original top coat? X

I didn't get on with the express 5 top coat, prefer the original top coat

Hi All,
I'm really feeling low about the longevity of Shellac on a few of my clients, I've being doing Shellac for 6 years now and about 4 of my lady's shellac isn't lasting the full two weeks, chips, coming off whole and white spots on the nails! Can anyone give me some advice? Thanks x

Are your clients purchasing and using the Solar Oil?

I've been having this problem too with Shellac majority of my ladies it stays on but a few others it doesn't including myself but I put mine down to the fact I'm either removing other people's or touching products all the time. Could it be the time of year? How long can you keep bottles for?

Shellac doesn't last on thin nails.
My nails are very bendy naturally. I can wear it a week max even when on holiday and doing nothing and I know how to take care of my nails!
It isn't for everybody. It's much more fragile than gel polishes.

I was finding that, even on people with not so weak nails, the Shellac was chipping alot quicker but I figured out it was due to using an older base coat. So when I find it starts getting harder to apply the base coat, I start a new bottle, even though I don't really like to waste.

I have also gone back to the original top coat. I have received a mail from S2. CND are releasing a new stronger top coat on the 14/11/2016, CND Shellac Duraforce. I also have thin bendy nails and get 7 - 10 days. I can't wait to try this as I would love to get a couple of more days wear for both myself and my clients.

Latest posts

Back