Fibromyalgia and filing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CeriBerry

Reaction score
Hey all...

I do all of my filing by hand but with my fibromyalgia my hands are killing me after one set! For this reason I want to get onto some e-file training for refining enhancements after initial application and also for removals. :)

My question is, who is best to train with and how long are the courses. What sort of price am I looking at for training?

Also, does anyone else have a chronic illness that affects their work? Any tips on things that can make life easier?

I'm thankful of any help.

Thank you geeks!

No advice, but I have fibromyalgia and really struggle too.

I also haven't got any advice but I've just recently found out that the reason I've felt so ill over the past year is because I've got fibromyalgia. Im a beauty therapist and have had to stop massages with being on my feet for too long etc so was thinking of concentrating on nails with being able to sit down. I also have a kupa efile that I've not really used yet (was an impulse buy) and need training to make doing nails easier. The only advice I can say really is to pace yourself and have regular breaks but I bet you know that already.:):):):):)

Hi I have suffered with fibromyalgia/ Chronic fatigue syndrome for the last 8 years. It's horrible and it ruind my life I was so exhausted and in terrible pain. I hate the umbrella term fibromyalgia that the doctor gives it because they don't know what it is or can't be bothered to carry out anymore test and I was left to deal with a debilitating condition. I was very angry when my doctor did this to me "go away and read about it on the internet" she said and offered me antidepressants and heavy pain killers. I refused to take them and asked for a copy of my blood tests from the last 8 years. I found that my b12 was low or bellow range, my iron was also low. Vitamin b12 deficiency pernicious anaemia is very serious and can lead to miss diagnosis of fibromyalgia. I presented this to my doctor and asked for a loading dose of b12, I now have an injection every 3 months. Recently I started taking vitamin D and K and noticed a huge difference and I have given up wheat, I have gone totally gluten free. My life is back and I feel strong and healthy again for the first time in years.
No more fatigue, brain fog, pain, memory problems, unable to walk properly, insomnia, depression, irritability, mouth ulcers, breathlessness, not being able to hold a conversation because I couldn't think of the words at one point I could even read because my eyes hurt to look at a book to read my daughter a story( now this killed me) I was to tired to get up and wash I constantly felt like I had been in a ring with Mike Tyson, I was in constant Zombie mode.
Now I am up at 5 in the morning and I can go right through till late at night working, taking, laughing, feeling great and getting on with life and I am thinking of starting running again as my energy levels have soared.
Have a read about B12.org
Try magnesium glycinate for pain
B right complex at night will help with sleep (niacin is a natural sedative)
Vitamin D is the sunshine vitamin
And have a look at how much gluten you are eating.
Wheat, oats, rye, barley, and spelt are grains that contain gluten and is in almost everything we eat.
Celiac UK
I have a wheat sensitivity again my doctor can't be bothered to carry out further tests for celiac so I have had to heal my self. If gluten is the problem then it can lead to deficiency.
I hope this helps, I know it a long one but nobody knows untill you've had these awfull symptoms. Xx

Hi i have got rheumatoid arthritis and my hands swell up really bad i use a e file but i like to file with my hands as i feel in more controll. Some days my hands are hand are that bad my wedding ring and other rings will not go on, I have been on tablets from hospital but they made me feel sick and a few other side effects so now i just take my tramdol and get on with it. I love my job and i will not let my illness beat me and stop me doing something i love. Chin up hun :)

I have Had fibromyalgia and ME (CFS) for the last 9 years or so ( from diagnosis date) and its what has prevented me from going ahead with all of my beauty things ( I tend to find that when my Body hits a period where I think that I can really get started up then my brain fog makes getting back into it incredibly difficult because I cant concentrate or take it all in again - I then leave it again another 6 months before coming back to it !) , its so nice to find a thread where there are others that are in the same boat ! Yours post was just brilliant Jo. I didnt even realise there was other things that could be used to make it easier ! I also have Coeliac disease but have heard mostly that ditching gluten can help greatly with Fibro - so might be something to look into CeriBerry . The only way I have found to manage things so far is to pace and keep stopping.

I really hope your find a way to help you out CeriBerry . Wishing you all all the best xx

HelloLovely hi
I went through the same thing of starting up then had to leave it again because of my health I felt like a complete failure yoyoing back and for. I went self employed and had to give it up after a short time because I was too fatigued and brain fogged had to find work else where in a bakery for two years looking and feeling like zombie. It was the worst few years of my life. I'm not the type of person to give in easily and I think that's why my health has improved now because I looked for other ways of dealing with it. I compare myself to where my life was this time last year and the year before and I slept constantly and if I'd have listened to the doctor I'd still be in bed now.

Hi I have suffered with fibromyalgia/ Chronic fatigue syndrome for the last 8 years. It's horrible and it ruind my life I was so exhausted and in terrible pain. I hate the umbrella term fibromyalgia that the doctor gives it because they don't know what it is or can't be bothered to carry out anymore test and I was left to deal with a debilitating condition. I was very angry when my doctor did this to me "go away and read about it on the internet" she said and offered me antidepressants and heavy pain killers. I refused to take them and asked for a copy of my blood tests from the last 8 years. I found that my b12 was low or bellow range, my iron was also low. Vitamin b12 deficiency pernicious anaemia is very serious and can lead to miss diagnosis of fibromyalgia. I presented this to my doctor and asked for a loading dose of b12, I now have an injection every 3 months. Recently I started taking vitamin D and K and noticed a huge difference and I have given up wheat, I have gone totally gluten free. My life is back and I feel strong and healthy again for the first time in years.
No more fatigue, brain fog, pain, memory problems, unable to walk properly, insomnia, depression, irritability, mouth ulcers, breathlessness, not being able to hold a conversation because I couldn't think of the words at one point I could even read because my eyes hurt to look at a book to read my daughter a story( now this killed me) I was to tired to get up and wash I constantly felt like I had been in a ring with Mike Tyson, I was in constant Zombie mode.
Now I am up at 5 in the morning and I can go right through till late at night working, taking, laughing, feeling great and getting on with life and I am thinking of starting running again as my energy levels have soared.
Have a read about B12.org
Try magnesium glycinate for pain
B right complex at night will help with sleep (niacin is a natural sedative)
Vitamin D is the sunshine vitamin
And have a look at how much gluten you are eating.
Wheat, oats, rye, barley, and spelt are grains that contain gluten and is in almost everything we eat.
Celiac UK
I have a wheat sensitivity again my doctor can't be bothered to carry out further tests for celiac so I have had to heal my self. If gluten is the problem then it can lead to deficiency.
I hope this helps, I know it a long one but nobody knows untill you've had these awfull symptoms. Xx
Sounds like you need to change your doctor! [emoji8]

Me too! I had to close my salon down 18 months ago because I was so so poorly - turns out I've got fibromyalgia as well! How odd so many of us suffer with this is never heard of it beforehand. I'm due to reopen again - part time. Jo's Nails - brilliant advice! I'm also dairy intolerant so trying to get everything balanced. Ceri - I hope you get your filing dilemma sorted x

Thanks Jo's Nails. its an awful position to end up in isnt it . I didnt even get around to starting up myself - I went through all the training and then finally got to the end and needed to break for a while - but I always found by the time it came around me restarting and getting back into again all of my confidence had gone. Its not knowing how up and down its going to be that makes it hard isnt it. I had a good bit and was working fine then had a bad bit and had to stop. I fell Pregnant and had my triplets in 2012 and its been up and down ever since really ! Do you find being self employed works best for you ladies? Im thinking its the best option as then we can pace as and when needed? xx

Me too! I had to close my salon down 18 months ago because I was so so poorly - turns out I've got fibromyalgia as well! How odd so many of us suffer with this is never heard of it beforehand. I'm due to reopen again - part time. Jo's Nails - brilliant advice! I'm also dairy intolerant so trying to get everything balanced. Ceri - I hope you get your filing dilemma sorted x

Hope your doing better now Lulu. wishing you all the best when you reopen! xxx

Hey all...

I do all of my filing by hand but with my fibromyalgia my hands are killing me after one set! For this reason I want to get onto some e-file training for refining enhancements after initial application and also for removals. :)

My question is, who is best to train with and how long are the courses. What sort of price am I looking at for training?

Also, does anyone else have a chronic illness that affects their work? Any tips on things that can make life easier?

I'm thankful of any help.

Thank you geeks!

CeriBerry
Try Magnesium glycinate it is very affective for fibromyalgia.
I buy Solary magnesium glycinate capsules from Amazon it's expensive around £17 but so worth it also a B-complex. Xx

Latest posts

Back