Fingers hurt

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilbit

Reaction score
I went Monday to get a soakoff. My guy wes not the so they asked me if i would us the new guy, I said if I had to they were lifting for the first time sence getting them on on motherday,So this is my first soakoff tins i were in were quite warm then they did some drilling on one of the soaked hands and keptchanging till they thought It wasall off then started to reapply the acrilic back on my owm nails, So my problem my nails HURT:twisted: Is this ok because of having them om for so long like a weight differance. Any help would :idea: be great

Hi there. Sorry your nails hurt but this will probably be gone by the time you read this.

When the Liquid and powder is applied to your nails it is wet. As it drys (polymerizes) the product shrinks. Depending on the quality of the product this shrinkage can vary. Low end products that are applied very wet shrink the most and put pressure on your nail plates which squeezes them, causing the pain you are experiencing. :eek:

Most likely you did not feel this 'hurt' when your nail enhancements were first applied as the natural nails were fully strong and intact. Drilling on the nail plate thins the plate and makes them more susceptible to pain when the product shrinks.

Why not go to an A class salon where the nail technicians do not use drills on the nail plate and take a little more care of your nails. Your nails do not have to be drilled before the product is applied if top quality products are used. Unfortunately if you keep going to the technician to whom you go now, the nail plate will get thinner and thinner and you will start to have problems not to mention very badly scarred an damaged nails.

It is only by the public demanding good safe services that these practices will be changed.

Latest posts

Back