First "proper" customer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmam

Reaction score
I did my first real customer/client last night :)

OMG i was soo nervous, she found my number from an add i put at a local play gym

They took me just under 4 hours to do but i think i could have done it in less time if i'd had better light to work in.

It didnt help that i had to do them while we sat on the settee, with my stuff on a chair at the side of me.

She asked loads of questions that i was able to answer and was really pleased with the end result, i wasnt as i could see bits that needed better filing (but that had looked good when i was doing it, must have been the light)

Hopefully she will be back for a rebalance before her hols, and will recomend me too her friends

em x

Oh brill news Emma :wink2: Here's to many more. I would invest in a small lamp makes working so much easier.

Wow! how did you balance your hand/brush strokes!
Glad she was pleased... heres to many more! :hug:

Well done Emma - my first customer took over 4 hours

Just thought I'd pass this on if its any help.

I've got a great Ikea lamp for £6.00 (i think) which helps so much and its small which is great.

Here's an idea next time try using her ironing board it makes a great subsitute for a Nail Desk - that's if there are chair for you both to sit on :rolleyes:.

Well i asked about a table, and she said her kitchen one was wobbly:rolleyes: and that her ironing board was piled high with ironing (has 4 kids).Must say she did keep the kids away from my kit and they were very well behaved

I tried to balance my hand on my other hand/arm that was rested on the settee, but it wasnt easy.

Did wonder about a portable table, any suggestions??

Steve will be pleased to hear that i HAVE to go to Ikea to get a lamp:)

em x

one of many i am sure!!! well done . Have a look at the new daylight lights , i am sure they are portable, if you are intrested i can let you have the number of where i got them locally, last time i went to get some they had sold out!!

emmam said:
Well i asked about a table, and she said her kitchen one was wobbly:rolleyes: and that her ironing board was piled high with ironing (has 4 kids).Must say she did keep the kids away from my kit and they were very well behaved

I tried to balance my hand on my other hand/arm that was rested on the settee, but it wasnt easy.

Did wonder about a portable table, any suggestions??

Steve will be pleased to hear that i HAVE to go to Ikea to get a lamp:)

em x
Emma I am trying to send you a PM but you inbox is full.
Fab x

Thats brilliant, its great when you have seen your first client and they're really happy with your work. I don't know how you coped with the settee though, I would have been hopeless!!

Well done Emma - you must feel pleased with yourself!!!! The first of many :)

cant help with the table but i got a desk lamp from B&q cost 4.99 and come in really funky colours. i also carry a small extesion lead with me in case they dont have a socket nearby

isnt that a pain you do not have when the elec point is no where near where you are sitting!!

im hoping to get better table soon
currently just use a tv dinner foldy one from ikea £6
and folding stool ikea £6
and halogen lamp from argos £3ish?
hth
x

Sounds like you done really well under a difficult situation.

Fingers crossed for many more new customers for you. WELL DONE :green:

That's fabulous news Emm!!! Well done!

xxxx

Latest posts

Back