Flames over black enamel.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DEBSY said:

Absolutely Gorgeous !!

might just have to pinch that idea, hope you don't mind Glo :D
Dont mind at all....actually its a naff pic & I was going to take it off.
Pic didnt look so grainy & 'wobbly' around the edges before I shrunk it tut! :o

Glorsclaws said:
Well this is what my lady had last night, she chose the nails from an old nail art board Id done ages ago.
Not exactly flames...just a few squiggles really but, its what she wanted.
Thank heavens she'd changed her costume ... originally she'd wanted me to do mummy nails with googly eyes! :eek:

Simple to do BUT very very effective!

Glorsclaws said:
Well this is what my lady had last night, she chose the nails from an old nail art board Id done ages ago.
Thank heavens she'd changed her costume ... originally she'd wanted me to do mummy nails with googly eyes! :eek:

Very effective. Think I prefer a red background to the black I was using. Will attempt these later.xx

This reply might be a bit late now, but i'll mention it for future reference.

I would polish the entire nail black, wait for it to dry off a bit and then draw the flames with a really thin quality nail art striping brush.

You can use nail art paints, or the nail art striping polishes.

Start at the free edge and draw them up towards the cuticle end - draw them all different lengths using maybe orange, red and a bit of white to give it the full effect

Give it a go and let us know how you get on

Gina

Glorsclaws said:

Gorgeous Glo! As most of you know I steer clear of freehand (cos I'm crap at it!) but that looked really effective - I think I'll have a go! Did you use stripers?

Jackie
Liberty Nail Design

JackieMc said:
Gorgeous Glo! As most of you know I steer clear of freehand (cos I'm crap at it!) but that looked really effective - I think I'll have a go! Did you use stripers?

Jackie
Liberty Nail Design

I've just had a quick go with stripers!

ADiva1 said:
I've just had a quick go with stripers!

How did you get on?? Any piccies??

rjryan said:
How did you get on?? Any piccies??

Not bad for a first attempt.... I've got a burgundy gel on. I used my black striper to do the wavy lines down the nail then used a silver glittery striper over the black.

To be honest I really shocked myself as I'm really useless at freehand nail art. No piccies, but will have another go and see what happens - lol!:p

THANKS TO GLO - WHO GAVE ME SOME INSPIRATION!

Latest posts

Back