Flawless or Perfect Colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaydee

Reaction score
Hi All, when creating your enhancements, what pink do you prefer to use. Flawless or Perfect Colour. I am at the moment swinging more towards flawless and the reason being that I can really extend the length of the nail bed whereas with perfect colour, I find that you need a client with near perfect nail beds otherwise you see any imperfections. I will also admit that using the flawless pink has really helped me out with getting my mix ratio right. Whats your views.......
David

I like intense pink at the moment, havent really got into the flawless as i find it a bit bubblegum like.... would love any help re making a mix that is great for hiding the natural nail but less bubblegum coloured? I thought about using the flawless in zone 2 but perfect colour or intense in zone 3 but I would think that would look pants?

Is the flawless more like the white in consistency then? x

Hi Sherrie, how would you hide any imperfections on the nail plate or say if a client had a free edge which was bitten or started low down on the nail plate.
David

Jaydee said:
Hi Sherrie, how would you hide any imperfections on the nail plate or say if a client had a free edge which was bitten or started low down on the nail plate.
David

Well, I would have to use Flawless... but I havent had to up till now. I accidentally used it on myself once instead of intense and I didnt like the colour at all... Do you use it in zones 2 and 3 or do you mix it or what? lol

I usually use it in zone 2 and 3 but I'm sure I've read that you can use intense pink or pink in zone 3. You have to make sure the zone 2 is flush with the natural nail at zone 3 so that it doesn't show through.
David

Aspirations said:
Well, I would have to use Flawless... but I haven't had to up till now. I accidentally used it on myself once instead of intense and I didn't like the colour at all... Do you use it in zones 2 and 3 or do you mix it or what? lol

Read the tutorial on custom colour blending .. it is so easy to mix a colour that is perfect for every client. For instance I add a touch of cobalt to my 'flawless' powder and that matches my nail bed perfectly. I actually find 'flawless' on its own too 'peachy' for my skin tone which is why I add the blue.

In answer to your question David, I mostly use Perfect powders with my clients (either pink or intense pink). I do use Flawless to extend nail beds, but don't really like the colour so tend to mix it with Intense Pink (2:1 Flawless:Intense). It's not so opaque as Flawless on its own, but gives enough coverage in most cases.

HTH's

I have flawless on my nails, dont you find when you have something your clients want what you ve got , so I seem to use more flawless than perfect so much so that when I do go to use perfect I foget how and can sometimes end up with bubbles , I mix my flawless with twilight it looks 100 times better and my clients love that little bit of sparkle

its funny you should ask this David...I have been exchanging the odd pm with gmg re custom blending. I love the perfect colours and use them on pretty much all my clients...except the ones where I want to hide imperfections or extend the nail bed...this is where flawless would come in but custom blending must be a better choice as as geeg says you can match the perfect individual colour!
I can't see a good reason why you would custom blend for every client though as surely the clients natural nail showing through (using perfect colours) gives the most natural result and less obvious nail growth because these colours are not opaque.

Hi Jaydee.......I also find the colour of the flawless pink a bit peachy for my skin tones.....but I still love it, as long as I have mixed some white and other colours into it.... and I now have the perfect colour for my skin tone.....I am lucky though and my nails aren't damaged or bitten so I can also use the perfect pink or my new current favourite Intense pink on my nails........
It is great to have such a variety and choice to use!!!
Like you I also find you really have to have perfect and CONSISTENT mix ratio to work with the opaque colours like Flawless, but that is part of why I love it...I find it a great learning tool, in fact I usually get students on my Foundation course to give it a try if we get a nail biter in as a model....not only does the student get her mix ratio sharpened up she can see the transformation that slightly extending a nail plate can do!!......and I feel quite strongly that the sense of experimentation and just trying a new product should be encouraged at this level......sorry if I am getting on my soapbox!

I use perfect pink unless I want to hide imperfection or extend the nail bed, in which case I'll use flawless. In either case I'd custom blend if the colour didn't suit the client skin tone.

I use perfect pink as a rule, as it matches the clients natural nail bed and so helps the enhancements look more natural.

I saw someone shopping recently who had opaque pink used for her nail beds, but she had dark olive skin, I thought the nails looked awful - completely unnatural.

I use perfect color most of my client at the moment or of the dark shade and the perfect colors blend to their natural nail color very well.

Tricia

I use perfect colours most of the time, but since buying intense pink i have been using it non stop on clients and they are loving it. I dont like flawless on its own and have tried mixing it and testing on tips, but i dont think you can really see the colour when you test it out on tips. But im too scared to practice on clients incase it turns out awful. I tried a mix with intense and flawless and it hid minor flaws on the nail plate, but not enough coverage to hide the natural nail. I really want to get into custom blending though.

Latest posts

Back