Fungus?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlybyNight

Reaction score
A tricky little problem here!! A while ago I removed some nail enamel from my toes that had been on for ages. The toe nail underneath was a cloudy white colour from the middle to the free edge. The nail has also got a little bit ridged. Could this be a fungus? If it is, how is the best way to get rid of it? Failing this, I suppose a visit to the chiropodist is on the way!!
Thanks you guys.

Sara

I saw the same thing on toes when i did a pedicure last week, and she admitted that the polish she had been wearing lay dormant for almost a year! She kept slapping on a coat instead of completely removing it and applying fresh.

But it looked more like onycholysis than fungus and it seemed to only happen in the corner of the nail on the big toe spreading outwards to the middle. Also there was yellowing in the nail and the ridges disappeared after lightly buffing with a koala

I wasnt sure myself what this was but recommended solar oil and to let me know how she gets on in the next week or so

i had a girl last week who had lifting on one finger (quite a bit) but she left it a week before coming to me. i soaked it off and the nail had started to go white. with gentle filing it dissapered but did look like the start of a bacterial infection.

your toes a bit "RIGDED" a 3way buffer will bring them up a "TREAT"

I would pop into your doctors and allow him to have a look he may give you a cream or antibiotics, the sooner you go the sooner it will be cleared up.

I've got this on one of my big toes - my tutor at college said it was fungus and I should buy any fungal cream from the chemist it and it will get rid of it. I too thought I had onycholysis, but was told it was a fungus.

EEEw! Yup is def a fungus!!! Actually I have to admit that the nail polish did lay dormant for months - kept topping it up etc! Just goes to show that nasty little things can creep up on you when you least expect them. Have now got anti-fungal paint (smells yukky) and suppose can now try and buff them up a bit to remove the left overs!! Thanks for all your comments - you were right on :D

I on ly ask this because i had what i thought was a fungal infection on my big toe. It started as a yellow line down the middle of my toe nail and was a dark yellow colour. doc told me to put a clipping (yuk!!!!) into to get sampled. I did this and he said it came back negative but that fungal infections are difficult to track and it was best to just whip off the nail and let it grow from scratch (he failed to tell me it would take a year to fully grow. by the time it got whipped off the whole thingwas all yellow.

anyway he took it off and after a year of growing it slowly back i noticed it starting again. i thought i would go back to docs to see if i could get one of these paint on things to try and catch it before it got out of hand. anyway.... i saw a differrent doc who took one look at my big toe nail and asked to look at my finger nails. he was looking for pitting. i must admit the pitting in my finger nails is so miniscule i dont know how he seen it, but he told me that it was psoriasis and i could take my toe nail off 500 times and would still be there. he said it was a waste of time taking it off. wish i had seen him first before having to endure the pain of the nail removal!!!

so anyway one of these docs is right and one is wrong but i would say that the second was right because the yellow is back andall he could prescribe was a dose of red nail polish!!!

so i hope this helps and maybe you might get a second opinion but i dont think it is always fungal,

hope that helps

kizz

Ooh! Now worried!! Still think def a fungus as nail takes on slightly greeny tinge in top right third. Seen similar on nail enhancements in the past. Only thing is, I have had psoriasis (spelling!!?) in my youth - but only get odd small patch now, so don't think could be that. Will keep eye on it. Going to attempt to buff it up a bit today. Left it so fungal liquid could have a few days to work. Fingers crossed!! It just looks ugly :sad: Would it be too soon to give it the Brisa treatment?

I am not a doctor or a medical proffesional but only by reading what i have read on this wonderful site........could the green not be bacterial? there is a tutorial called green fun guys or something, and i think if you have had psoriasis it could still be in your system lying dormant, a bit like when you get coldsores, they may not be active but they always manage to pop up at the most inconvenient moment lol.

just giving you food for thought. good luck with the fungal polish.

FlybyNight said:
Ooh! Now worried!! Still think def a fungus as nail takes on slightly greeny tinge in top right third. Seen similar on nail enhancements in the past. Only thing is, I have had psoriasis (spelling!!?) in my youth - but only get odd small patch now, so don't think could be that. Will keep eye on it. Going to attempt to buff it up a bit today. Left it so fungal liquid could have a few days to work. Fingers crossed!! It just looks ugly :sad: Would it be too soon to give it the Brisa treatment?

Latest posts

Back