Geekbay/too Dear

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim Lawless

Grande Dame of the Brazilian Wax for Men and Women
Reaction score
I've resisted the urge to comment for long enough so here goes.............. I cannot believe the price that some people want for their stuff on Geekbay. When I think of the things I just give away. For example, there's a box of Velocity tips, asking price £40. Correct me of I'm wrong but isn't that how much you'd pay direct from Creative? If it was me, I'd ask £20 and be lucky to get £15.

Surely the whole point is to get rids of stuff that's just taking up room coz you don't want/need it, and for the buyer to get a real bargain. I'm not saying that everyone should give things away but come on, be realistic. Enough said.

Kimmi Rocks said:
I've resisted the urge to comment for long enough so here goes.............. I cannot believe the price that some people want for their stuff on Geekbay. When I think of the things I just give away. For example, there's a box of Velocity tips, asking price £40. Correct me of I'm wrong but isn't that how much you'd pay direct from Creative? If it was me, I'd ask £20 and be lucky to get £15.

Surely the whole point is to get rids of stuff that's just taking up room coz you don't want/need it, and for the buyer to get a real bargain. I'm not saying that everyone should give things away but come on, be realistic. Enough said.

I think if you read the again that price includes postage and packaging £39.50 is the price that DN are currently sellling the master pack excluding despatch charges- so i think this is not a fair comment to make towards this seller - dont you?. We are a community here and I don't think anyone is trying to sell goods on to make a profit just to recoupe their expenditure IMO

at the end of the day its up so the seller and you can make them an offer you dont have to buy if you dont want to, do you?

Enough said ;)

Couldn't agree with you more Kimmie. If something is 2nd hand (even if unused), I think it should be half the price at the most. I'd be happy with that if I was getting rid of something I didn't/no longer needed, or I'd gladly give it to another Geek for free. But, there ye go, maybe I'm just silly.

That being said, I am also quite glad to pay a reasonable price for something which is perhaps no longer available or hard to get.

I have some Star nails products that I am thinking of selling on Geek bay. They are open but unused and I was thinking of asking for a starting bid of half price or more for them.

I would actually be selling them as I am currently unemployed whilst trying to become a nail technician and I just can't afford to give them away.

The outcome will hopefully be that someone will get some cheap products and I will get some money back for products I don't need, which to be honest, I am desperate for at the moment.

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious but my point is that geek bay is a market place for buying and selling and whether you are selling to fellow geeks or not, some people need to recoup their costs. I'm currently charging friends for sets of enhancements, I can't afford to do free sets and like wise I can't afford to give products away.

Phew, rant over :D

NO ONE IS UNDER OBLIGATION TO BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!
at the end of the day i have paid 52 pounds for these so why should i loose out!
if you dont want to buy then dont no one is forcing you just thought i would save you geeks paying creative prices thats all.
when you buy from creative you have got to add postage 6.50 and 17.5% vat so if you ask me im saveing you 12 pounds!!

I have read this and was not going to reply but wanted to put a slight slant on things.

If you buy from Geekbay - what guarantees do you have - none other than trust. If you buy direct from companies like say Designer Nails - if you get a box of tips, say and they are not up to the usual standard then you can return them for refund or replacement.

I take Trudi's point about the £12 saving however most people would not only buy a box of tips and pay the £6.50 postage so it would be spread over a larger order and also DN have a points system which gives you a bit of money back.

Geekbay is a great free tool for people to be able to recoup some of there expenses on items that they have purchased in error or have not been what they wanted etc but I do think that somethings are overpriced.

But hey as you say, if we don't want to pay the prices then we don't have to.

Sorry you've taken it so personally, I didn't mean it as an attack against you personally. Let's hope you sell them.

But then again, that's probably why I'm not a rich woman today. I'm not very business minded and I do give loads of stuff away - maybe too much. You reep what you sow though, coz people always give me stuff back even though that's not what I do it for. Or they'll do a kindness back in return.

I still think they're too dear though.

I have actually noticed that Samantha has put a post under the Metro Kit being sold on Geekbay, Do remember its illegal to ship monomer out in the post.

lell said:
I have actually noticed that Samantha has put a post under the Metro Kit being sold on Geekbay, Do remember its illegal to ship monomer out in the post.

:D oh well i will just have to put it on e.bay then!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for letting me now lell very kind of you again
xx

I think you will also find its illegal to sell monomer on e-bay too.

Trudi, down feel down. I know what's it's like to feel everyones against you coz like you, I've got a bad rep. Maybe we need anger management (LOL).

No, seriously, why not ask DN if they'll exchange them for you if they've not been used? Good luck and cheer up. We luv ya really. HONEST. :hug:

lell said:
I think you will also find its illegal to sell monomer on e-bay too.

GOD YOU REALLY KNOW HOW TO WIND PEOPLE UP DONT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FOR YOUR INFORMATION I WILL SELL JUST THE POWDERS ON THERE OWN AND NOT THE RETENTION !!
Thanks

I am not winding anyone up just stating whats legal and whats not. :biggrin:
Trudi try and knock that chip off your shoulder, Trying to help not wind anyone up.

lell said:
I am not winding anyone up just stating whats legal and whats not. :biggrin:
Trudi try and knock that chip off your shoulder, Trying to help not wind anyone up.

You make me look stupid i know you are not allowed to send retention in the post!!!!!!!!
when i sell my kit i was going to tell them that i cant sent retention in the post and maybe get it to them another way.

I am sorry if I offended you Trudi, And was not trying to make anyone look stupid. I just wanted to make people aware of the laws in posting monomer.

Ooh, this is better than Corrie.

YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just this second noticed that my bad rep has gone. I'M A GOOD GIRL I AM...............

I'd like to thank Sam who gave it me in the first place. I'd like to thank my manager and I'd like to thank my mum for giving birth to me. Finally I'd like to thank all my fans for voting for me. I LOVE YOU ALL. xxxxxxxxxxx

Kimmi Rocks said:
YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just this second noticed that my bad rep has gone. I'M A GOOD GIRL I AM...............

I'd like to thank Sam who gave it me in the first place. I'd like to thank my manager and I'd like to thank my mum for giving birth to me. Finally I'd like to thank all my fans for voting for me. I LOVE YOU ALL. xxxxxxxxxxx

Mad me laugh :lol: :lol:

hey, come on now, this isn't what we are all about. lets not jump on the band wagon shouting scrap scrap like we did at school. We are all mistaken sometimes or post things we wish we hadn't. this started as a good thread with different opinions to be said which is why we have a forum isn't it. Please don't fall out over some l & p....xxxx

plaoh said:
Mad me laugh :lol: :lol:

Meant to say "made" not mad!!!!! :o ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back