Geekbay/too Dear

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trudi said:
ok what i sell on geekbay people will always e.mail me and as before i have met a few geeks and sold them there kits so i dont have to put them in the post.
and the reason that i was being a bit funny with lell is as before she called me a prejudist which im totaly not!!!
and then she has to tell me that there is a message under my metro kit which i can see for myself what sam has put but she had to tell me herself on the thread!
and what i charge is up to me at the end of the day we are all here selling stuff and im not the only.
im sure we have all done illegal stuff before!!!

so we all stick to the speed limit right!!!!!!!!!!!!
at the end of the day i kust put my kit on and listed what was in it!!
if the price ent good enough go else where and buy it.
Hi Trudi, Lesley was just pointing out facts which will help so many others in the same situation and I'm sure she would have offered you this advice as she wouldnt want you getting into any trouble with dispatching chemicals. If she had offended you in a previous post then you should have pm'd her and sorted it out then. You're right in what you say about charging what you want and if they dont buy then thats upto them. As for doing illegal activities that is something that I would never consider doing within the industry, my career is far too important to sacrifice.
David

Hi peeps, its Friday!!!!!! can we stop now x:cry:

Just one thing I can't understand though........if we're not supposed to send monomer through the post, why then it is alright for me to RECEIVE the same via the postal system from a supplier? It's certainly not packaged any better than I would do it!!

Just a thought!!

Martine

Hi Martine,
Your goods will be posted out using a courier service, Who are informed of what they are handling.
When posted out through the normal mail system the postmen and women are not aware that the package is flammable and this could lead to someone getting hurt.
Hths

lell said:
Hi Martine,
Your goods will be posted out using a courier service, Who are informed of what they are handling.
When posted out through the normal mail system the postmen and women are not aware that the package is flammable and this could lead to someone getting hurt.
Hths

ah was wonderin that myself! x

Kimmi Rocks said:
No, seriously, why not ask DN if they'll exchange them for you if they've not been used? . :hug:

Because these products were not bought from Designer Nails!!!

Mrs Geek said:
Because these products were not bought from Designer Nails!!!

Yes you are right they are not from designer nails as dont think i would pay there prices do you!!!!!!!!!
when i can get them cheaper else where, at the end of the day we have all got to earn so money somewhere!
if anyone wants to buy creative producs from me just pm me and i will see if i can get them for you at a discount!
Thanks from Trudi

Sorry Trudi, but if this is the case then you are ripping people off by your £40 on geekbay - as you obviously didnt pay nearly this for the tips. We are all out to make our businesses successful but not by backdoor means.

This thread was not aimed initially to be a personal attack on anyone but unfortunately you seem to have made it that way.

Yes I know I could have sent this as a PM but then I think it is important for people to see how many people you have upset.

What annoys me is Geekbay was created by Sam to stop this kind of activity, And low and behold a member of his site is selling using under hand tactics, Right in front of his nose and doesn't expect this kind of reaction. :irked:

thanks lell for pointing this out, i have only ever sent items thru a company anyway, but this was just because it was free (coz my father-out-law did it thru his work). but this is very useful info! trudi hunni, i dont think ne1 was trying to have a go at you for this, i think lell just saw your post and it reminded her, and she has just helped people and told them. yes thinking about it it is obvious, but hey, its not something you automatically think of!

please dont have a go at me, im just a by stander, but maybe you should go have a coffee, take a few deep breaths and leave this subject well alone as it is upsetting you and getting others backs up. and its not nice feeling like everyones having a go.:D

Blimey, come home from a hard day at work and WW3 iw breaking loose on Geek. Guys come on, take a chill pill perleez.

1. Geekbay was designed to stop untrained techs getting hold of professional products, although not sure if this can be monitored effectively.

2. If the price is too high it ain't gonna sell.

3. If someone wants to try and make money then it's not a crime

4. Like E-bay there is always an element of risk between seller and buyer and the quality of goods being sold, but if you're unsure then get it from the main distributor where you are entitled to full consumer rights.

Kimmi hun you have a cracking sense of humour which unfortunately seems to have been denied you today. But going back to your original comments then I do agree that once something becomes second hand it depreciates in value considerably no matter how good the condition or even if itunused, look at cars for example.

So on balance ... yes, I do think that a lot of the items on geekbay are overpriced, but it's only worth its money if someone is willing to pay the price. Your choice pure and simple.

Guys come on time to take the gloves off now, we're all here to help each other not get into a scrap!!

Trudi said:
NO ONE IS UNDER OBLIGATION TO BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!
at the end of the day i have paid 52 pounds for these so why should i loose out!
if you dont want to buy then dont no one is forcing you just thought i would save you geeks paying creative prices thats all.
when you buy from creative you have got to add postage 6.50 and 17.5% vat so if you ask me im saveing you 12 pounds!!
Trudi said:
Yes you are right they are not from designer nails as dont think i would pay there prices do you!!!!!!!!!
:eek: ... Nuff said!

lell said:
What annoys me is Geekbay was created by Sam to stop this kind of activity, And low and behold a member of his site is selling using under hand tactics, Right in front of his nose and doesn't expect this kind of reaction. :irked:

Yes you are right about selling on geekbay as im not the only one but its me who gets a comment on my stuff for sale but no one else seems to!!!!!
and no im not ripping people of at all how can i be?
if anythink i have lost out!
yes i can get creative polish from america but that is all i can get.
and im not selling them on here.
so none of you lot have sold liquid on this sight then??????????????
as im sure i have seen loads for sale on here not just me!

Hi Geeks,

Maybe we should all just agree to disagree.

I think there are a few points which are valid and quite rightly said but i do think a few of you are using Trudi as a scape goat and having a go at her unjustly yea she made a mistake but you could of put it in a PM because (Correct me if i'm wrong trudi) i think you have embarrassed her.

I think alot of frustration you would have liked to take out on E-bay sellers is now being taken out on Trudi and it's not fair.

Kimmi Rocks i don't think your sarcastic comments help either.

Alysha you put it well i totally agree

Trudi said:
when i can get them cheaper else where, at the end of the day we have all got to earn so money somewhere!
if anyone wants to buy creative producs from me just pm me and i will see if i can get them for you at a discount!
Thanks from Trudi

Trudi said:
yes i can get creative polish from america but that is all i can get.
and im not selling them on here.

These statements seem to contradict one another?

Trudi said:
so none of you lot have sold liquid on this sight then??????????????
as im sure i have seen loads for sale on here not just me!

No-one is saying you can't sell liquid, just that you (not you personally, people in general) should not send it through the normal post, but by courier.
I bought some powder and liquid recently from Geekbay and mentioned to the seller I didn't think it could be put in regular post - they said they weren't aware of this (I picked it up to save hassle). I think Lesley was right to point this out as not everyone is aware of things like this.

Maybe anyone selling liquid on Geekbay in future could add next to the cost of postage that this is more due to requirement of sending by courier??

I've just came in from doing my worst set of nails ever, thought i'd have a look on The Nail Geek as there are so many beginners like me in the same boat and can't believe this is going on.

I pointed out when Geekbay first started that people were selling varnishes at over the cost price & vat. If you don't like the price DONT BUY IT.

I think it's possibly time to shake hands and forget about this.

Can i just say OMG.......................dont you think that this has got a tad out of hand.............no disrespect to anyone at all here, but Trudi can sell what ever she likes..............if its legal of course...................if you dont like the price dont buy.................................CHILL GUYS ITS FRIDAY!!!!!!!

Lighten up....................

Amanda

as lily says its friday chill..............go and have a crunchie......lol

PLease no-one take this personal but .....
It seems to me that people can say, sell and slate anything they like on this website unless it is CND. I myself use creative and think its pretty bloody great!!!, but it appears unless your singing CND praises on here 24-7 your under attack!!!
So what if someone wants to sell something on geekbay,ebay etc.. surely thats what its there for you dont have to buy, you dont even have to look! ok so monomer shouldnt be sent through the post fair enough excellent point, but if someone chooses to get CND stuff from another country or source .. so what.. thats their affair! If they then want to sell it on.. why not thats their business also, you dont have to buy it.. so why does everyone take it so personally??
This site should be informative and used for discussions and you shouldnt be hushed or shunned just for expressing an opinion, at the end of the day it is your cash and you choose where to spend it.. either direct from supplier, ebay , geekbay whatever.

Oh lighten for Gawd's sake. We're only having a laugh ..................it's not Sunday for a couple of days yet.

One thing I've learnt in life is this..............IF YOU CAN'T TAKE IT, DON'T DISH IT OUT.

You say that my sarcastic comments don't help. I thought they were rather funny actually and by the amount of PM's and public messages I've had today.......so do a lot of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back