Geekbay/too Dear

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HAVE I BEEN ABDUCTED BY ALIENS OR SOMETHING???????????????

WHERE IS THE CREATIVE STUFF BEING BOUGHT FROM THEN IF NOT FROM CREATIVE OR DN? I KNOW SOME PEOPLE GET HOLD OF KNOCKED OFF GEAR BUT THAT'S A WHOLE DIFFERENT BALL GAME. ARE THERE LEGAL PLACES THAT WE CAN GET CREATIVE STUFF CHEAP THEN? THOUGHT WE HAD TO BE CND TRAINED TO BUY ANYWAY. :confused:

Kimmi Rocks said:
Oh lighten for Gawd's sake. We're only having a laugh ..................it's not Sunday for a couple of days yet.

One thing I've learnt in life is this..............IF YOU CAN'T TAKE IT, DON'T DISH IT OUT.

You say that my sarcastic comments don't help. I thought they were rather funny actually and by the amount of PM's and public messages I've had today.......so do a lot of people.

Here here, I must add that I do appreciate all the points made ... but Kimmi your wonderful sense of humour kept me reading to see if you had added anything else. I think you're lovely hun!!! Don't you change a hair on your head :hug:

xxx

Oh Rose......................Your message would bring tears to a glass eye. Thank you so much sweetie. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Trudi wrote on the 02-03-05, 03:50 PM in the Creative Discount post:
well lets just say i can get creative stuff cheaper than what they charge i have a friend who gets me what i want from america and she sends it over for me.
Trudi said:
Yes you are right they are not from designer nails as dont think i would pay there prices do you!!!!!!!!!
when i can get them cheaper else where, at the end of the day we have all got to earn so money somewhere!
if anyone wants to buy creative producs from me just pm me and i will see if i can get them for you at a discount!
Thanks from Trudi

Oh well I just have come in from a full days work and thought I get to chill at the geek site and law and behold , I find this...........

Right, now I am not going out of my way to upset anyone but.............
Here are my thought!

This reads to me that Trudi is now going to set herself up as a middle dealer for Creative products.....any one that wants them cheaper PM her....Ok fair enough but hang on:
Firstly: Designer Nails have the sole distributorship right for the UK and Ireland and other outlets like Ellisons and such have permission to sell this on, via their outlets...............

Secondly: So in order to get it cheaper it would have to come from the USA, so it is being imported...like Trudi said she has a friend that will ship it over for her.....fair enough again but .......

If this is being done on a regular basis, you will have to at least apply for a temporay import license stating your import business. You might think hey why bother it's only a few bottle of enamel or the odd L&P kit, well Customs and Excise will be aware of regular parcels coming to you from the states, they will start to watch out for you....Thats their job......If they suspect that you are importing hazardous goods including flamables and that also includes Enamels, without the propper documentation and paying the right import taxes and duties, they can take you to court, a heavy fine is likely and if they can proof that it came into the country and it could have endangered life's, i.e being send by mail plane then it could also lead to a prison sentence.......

As the sender will not be held responsible in this country, the receiver will be ...Food for thought..........

Now I am not saying, that earning a little bit of extra money is bad, nor is it bad trying to recoup money, on products or stuff we don't need any more, but I feel it should not to be used as a secondary outlet, purposely undermining Companies, this is unethical. This is breaking the distributorship law on a regular basis, I am sure that EZflow too would take the same stand on this, so this is not a Creative thing but a Industry thing and not a great advert for us Nail Technicians......
We have a big enough fight on our hands with NSS and industry standards, so why add to it.............
Geekbay is great and is here for the sole purpose of keeping our industry a great one.........

As I said these are my thought and might not reflect the views of all our Geeky friend on here..........
Right now, off to get my Voddy and Orange xxxx Well its nearly Saturday xx

lell said:
I have actually noticed that Samantha has put a post under the Metro Kit being sold on Geekbay, Do remember its illegal to ship monomer out in the post.

i received a trial kit that included monomer from a major nail company this week by post :confused:

i too have had a trial kit (inc monomer) sent through the post from a MAJOR competitor of DN without giving tooooo much away !!

Trudi babe....i can not help thinking time and time again you keep setting yourself up for a fall...i dont want to offend you....in anyway shape or form ....but perhaps think about what your posting BEFORE you press the SEND button it may help in the future !!

Me thinks a little old PADLOCK is required on this thread GMG.

PEACE GEEKS....................................

Ambxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey guys - been flying about left right and center and have just plugged in to get this thread!

Whew!

Here is my 2 cents:

I could care less about someone selling their monomer or grandma on geekbay. Doesn't harm anyone.
However I think what has ruffled some feathers has been 2 important issues.
1- Illegally shipping hazardous goods. This doesn't apply to powders, gels, or brushes. It does apply to monomers, enamels, and the like.
Shipping hazardous goods via the post can land you in jail and/or thousands of pounds in fines.
2- Illegally importing goods (especially for distribution). The problem is that the source of these goods are shipping illegally. It is impossible to ship these goods legally and still save money. No one seems to get this. There are 2 companies that I am aware of that are currently being investigated for shipping hazardous goods via regular post internationally. When convicted, they will face up to hundreds of thousands in fines. They could even be put out of business and owners locked up for endangering the lives of people sitting above goods that could combust and even explode as they travel on business and pleasure trans Atlantic. Next time you fly a plane (and see how the luggage handlers deal delicately with packages) you ask yourself how much flammable material is being illegally shipped under your seat.
To ship flammable liquids in and out of the US now, they have to be packed in a special absorbant material that looks somewhat like Kitty Litter. This stuff weighs a ton and cost a fortune to ship. Why? To prevent an accident.
When someone gets caught not shipping in these materails and the goods are not properly declared - the first instance is something like a $10,000 fine. Second time gets mega serious and third I think lands you in Jail.
I have ordered from Trudi's source. They do not ship legally and that is the reason I saved a few pounds on the purchase. I do not know how anyone can think saving a few pounds is worth risking peoples lives.

There is actually a third issue here - Importantion with intent to sell. If this was outlined clearly with this goal in mind - additional duty would be applied. After the legal shipping and legal importation - you would pay a good deal more than buying in the UK.

I don't think anyone has evil intentions. I think naturally people try to find a 'bargin' where they can. However I hope that through understanding comes the realization that it is impossible to get product legally and safely from sources outside your own country.

:wink2:
I'm finished on this one now.

Hi

whew! well put sam lets lie this to rest now girls i think everyone has made their points.

wow,my wife has started somthing here,i would like to point out a few things that i hope will enlighten a few people,firstly i am trudi`s so called supplier,i travel to the states alot on buisness and on occasion bring her(and her friends if asked) some nail products back.In the US nail products including creative are on general sale to the public.I bring all products in my luggage, upuntil now i had no idea i was carrying anything so volatile and belive me i WILL NOT be bringing any such liquids back with me again.I am sure if any of you were in the same position as my wife you to would get your partner to do the same(bring a few goodies back).By the way MR GEEK i have never supplied you with any thing but this thread so i call you a liar to say you have bought of trudis supplier.I say good on my wife for sticking up for herself.I can see from reading just one thread some of you are up big geeks ass.

lots of love to everyone SIMON,
You're so stupid that when you hit rock bottom, you started to dig!

What a pleasent reply.
You can call me a liar all you want but it doesnt change the information that I have. I also find it highly bizzare that an unlicensed cosmteologist/nail tech can waltz in and by a suitcase full of hazardous product.
Pro product are not for public sale in the states as opposed to here so your story stinks. Therefore it must be you who is up your own :)

Toodles :)

oooo. Last word. I think that since Trudi cant respond, nor her partner keep it professional I shall lock this thread and throw the key.

Another one bites the ban :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back