Gel Extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainbow Bright

Reaction score
Does anyone else hate doing a full set of sculpts or is it just me?:irked:

I actually dread the phone ringing in case a client wants a full set done.
I use Bio Sculpture, and when I do sculpts on myself I have no problems what so ever, I've had one on my index finger now for 2 1/2 wks with no issues at all. But whenever I do a full set on a client I just know the phone's gonna be ringing shortly after to say a few have popped off - I just dont get it? The prep is fine, I build appropriate strength at the stress point etc. Although it takes ages, I think the end result looks good - I don't mind doing them, I just know their not going to last:cry:

Does anyone else have this problem or can someone please suggest anything - thanks

Aww that is awful...

You need to find out what the cause is so you can conquer this and re build your confidence.

A couple of things to consider:

• None of us like to think we don't prep correctly but think about ways you can improve your prep - watch some tutorials and read through the prep thread on here
  • Aftercare - Are you giving your clients specific aftercare and more importantly are they following it
  • Have you inspected that broken nails when customers have complained? Often an inspection is all it takes to be able to hazard a guess at the problem
  • How long have you been trained? Is contacting your training provider an option? Maybe they can offer more advise or give you a bit of a top up
I hope you manage to find the cause, I feel for you but well done for trying to combat the problem rather than burying your head in the sand x

Thanks for your response. I think it's also because the clients that want a full set of sculpts are usually nail biters, or they have short nails and just are not used to having longer nails.
I guess I'll persevere! Hard though as I don't really have any guinea pigs to do trial and error on.

Latest posts

Back