Gel Nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desert Palms

Reaction score
I would like to purchase a gel nail kit. I want to learn how to do gel nails. Any recommendations on a certain brand name?
Do they all cure under a ultra light? I love all of the advise I get on the nail geek. The knowlege you ALL have is priceless. Thankx a bundle! Desert Palms

Desert Palms said:
I would like to purchase a gel nail kit. I want to learn how to do gel nails. Any recommendations on a certain brand name?
Do they all cure under a ultra light? I love all of the advise I get on the nail geek. The knowlege you ALL have is priceless. Thankx a bundle! Desert Palms

Hiya,
Well there are lots to choose from Creative Brisa, Ez-Flow gel it, Lcn, Ibd etc
Do a search for geeks advise on these makes.
Yes they do cure under a uv light.
Hths

Thank you Leslie! I Appreciate the resource and advise. I will look on the search you recommended. Have a great day. Lisa

I looked up the companies, like has been suggested already. then I approached the companies and asked the price of the ''try me kits''. I purchased the Akzents, Balance and Light Elegance. Then I tried them all and my preferance was the Balance and Akzents. There was nothing wrong with the Light Elegance apart from the smell of the nails afterwards. I am a nail sucker (gross I know). I always have them in or around my mouth, and I found that the Light Elegance has this funny kind of after smell. Other than that, it was a good gel to work with. Each tech has their own favourite, but mine seems to be the Balance, as I have reordered that over again.

HI desert palms,
I love nsi balance and also akzentz they are both lovely to work with and you can buy trial kits for them both at a reasonable price(about 20 quid each) ...akzentz is my favourite though as they have so many different gels from builders to options which is a soak off and they do a coverage pink gel which is lovely for use on clients that may have marks etc on the nailbeds...both of these need a 9 watt uv lamp to cure..... have a look at groups.msn.com/justnailz there are loads of pics of nails done using akzentz gels and tutorials for them as well..hope this helps..??

Hi Desert Palms!

If you go to the Premium Geek Section under Premium Gel Articles you will see a couple of articles on Brisa gels Q&A's. There is loads of information there about Creative's new and exciting gel range called Brisa.

Brisa is a very strong gel and very easy to work with. What makes it really exciting though is that is a completely new type of gel chemically. It is free of the known agents contained in all other gels that cause sensitivity: Gluteraldehyde, formaldehyde and acrylates. This is a hypoallergenic gel and as I'm sure you must know from your trade magazines, has been VERY highly acclaimed throughout the nail industry. It is not 'just another gel'.

Many here on the site use it and can answer any specific questions you may have. Welcome to thenailgeek. I hope you enjoy it here.

Hi hun! Everyone will give their favourite choice - after all they are hardly likely to damn the brand they currently use. I prefer the buff off gels as they tend to be stronger than the soak off gels, and I prefer a product that self levels too.

I started for a year with Alessandro which I thought was a good product until I tried LCN who have a very large range of gels to cater for most type of nails. However I have just started with Creative's Brisa and it's fab. It gives me everything the range of LCN gels gave me in one pot! Flexibility, strength, clarity, ease of use, but most of all happy clients. Mind you it's costing me because they are coming back with no breakages at the moment (I charge extra for breakages at infills)!!!

Latest posts

Back