Gel polish - CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailedit00

Reaction score
I have booked a gel polish and gel nail course which starts in a few weeks, it is with no particular brand and I am unsure if this will allow me to use CND shellac on paying clients or if I will have to do a CND specific course? The course information says I will be eligible to buy shellac from ellisons but I know that brands also offer courses. Also wondering if I can but shellac from sweet squared with a non brand specific gell polish course? I am very new to this and I welcome any advice from experienced professionals on here! Thank you :)

Yes you will be able to buy shellac with you certificate :) Whoo hoo !!

I'd also highly recommend the conversion course as every system works differently, and also CND education is second to none!

You obviously want to use a premium brand for your clients, make sure you get the premium training ( the conversion course is very reasonable!)

Happy Shellacking ;)

Ok that's very helpful thank you :) I have had a look at the CND shellac conversion course and the prices are reasonable however there is none in my area or anywhere near :( I will keep checking

I would strongly advise you to do the CND Shellac course as it applies and removes very differently than most gel polishes. CND and especially with Shellac focuses on the health of the natural nail which means no buffing, again different to what you will be taught on a generic gel polish course.

I have to travel 2 hours to my nearest CND educator......well worth it in my opinion :)

Couldn't agree more - I trained at the London CND academy, not only was the training excellent the ongoing support has been great including a closed forum for all past students which has been invaluable for asking those odd questions you'll no doubt have starting out - good luck xx

I traveled 2 & a half hours to get my shellac qualification. The course was well worth it.

The educator was wonderful.

I travelled over an hour to do my Shellac course with CND. I'm so glad I did, the training was excellent!

Latest posts

Back