Gel polish for nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helsbels227

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So I know there are loads of threads on gel polish brands but I've read through lots and am still really confused so I was wondering if anyone who had used a few different brands could tell me which ones would most meet the needs of my clients that I've listed below please? At the moment I use Shellac which is great for my clients who have single-colour or something like stamping/glitter etc and are happy coming back every couple of weeks. But my I do handpainted nail art, quite intricate stuff that I want to be able to charge more for but my clients obviously want it to last as long as possible if they are 1)going to sit for it to be painted and 2) pay more for it. I've tried smoothing gel which does extend it but really I would just like to offer another product alongside Shellac that contains a higher gel content and is harder-wearing.

So ideally I'd like to find something that:

-is very long-lasting
-has a great range of colours including neons
-if possible colours could be mixed (in pots rather than layering?)
-doesn't have a ridiculously long service time (for a single-colour I mean as the nail art can take an hour on top of that)

I'd REALLY appreciate it if anyone could give me some suggestions. I know this is old ground and there are lots of other threads on gel polishes but I was hoping if I listed what I was trying to find that you lovely people may be able to help me.

Thanks so much. :) Xx

Maybe you could try looking into gel II? I am rubbish at nail art so usually just do stamping [emoji1] but there are loads of more gel II experienced techs on here who can tell u more about gel II. I use it alongside shellac. It's so quick to apply - there's no base coat. Cures in the gel II led lamp so 30 seconds per colour coat. Lasts up to 3 weeks. They have over 180 colours, including neons and the reaction (colour changing) polishes. Also their face book page is fab and the education emissaries are always quick to help xx

-Sorry to barge in...

Do you use shellac for stamping? I have just bought from MoYou but have never stamped before [emoji5]️

No you need to use highly pigmented normal polishes or special stamping polishes.. I use konad, Barry m foil effects silver and gold, models own chrome, and Mundo de unas stamping polishes. If you search YouTube for TheRealMrsGrey (Sarah richardson) channel she has loads of amazing stamping videos. There are quite a few stamping polishes you can get. It's so much fun [emoji4]

Thank you so much!! Youtubing as we speak [emoji3]

Amazing, thanks Nailcandymk. That sounds promising and had seen it talked about on here so will deffo have a research into it.

I use the same Hanbanan; Konad, Vinylux, Barry M. It's a bit of trial and error but tends to be the thicker, more pigmented polish that works best. If you're not confident in it when you start you can finish your service with the top coat, remove inhibition layer then stamp on that and finish with another top coat which just means if you do mess up you can easily remove with alcohol and do it again. I stamp straight on to the colour coat now but did it sandwiched between 2 topcoats when I started until I got the hang of it. Xx

Latest posts

Back