Geleration Jessica

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmlewka

Reaction score
I have noticed while using the geleration that sometimes the polish all slides to the center of the nail not coating the tip and around the edges...this has happened twice with the purple and the dynamic color....not sure what is happening....anybody else have this same issue?? I have followed all the correct steps as followed too!!

Anyone using Geleration line have any neat tricks or tips they have discovered while using this product?? I love it so far but am recently new to itso just wondering!! ANY help or advice would be great!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had this problem it is the product shrinking back. I only do 2 fingers at a time you need to be super fast at it! Takes me about half an hour to do a full set.. We have had all sort of trouble with the geleration n we had now got an led lamp which seems to work better than the normal lamp..
Have you had any other problems ?
Most of people come back after 2 weeks with chipped nails? I couldn't even keep mine on a week cause they had all lifted!

two things u need to make sure your doing hun. firstly, the most most important thing is to make sure that you get the start coat right to the edges and make sure u cap the free edge because if you dont, when youv cured it, it will just shrink back into the centre. then when you put the colour on, even if you go right to the edges with that, it will still shrink back as it will only stay where the start coat was. hope that makes sence.
and also secondly, always make sure that you use the thinest layer possible of the colour. when i first started i used to do quite a thick layer (as if i was using a normal polish) and i couldnt understand why it wasnt curing properly and i kept getting bumps etc. now i only do it very very thin and if i need to do a third layer of colour then thats not a problem, at least my colour is all even and cures properly.
hope this helps.
Rachel x

ive tested geleration and personally didnt company to the gel polish i can currently using! i know the problem you are having its like when you paint a wall and theres oil on it so the paint slides all over the place!

why did you choose geleratioin? do you use Jessica and did u try iy before you bought it?

i use Shellac and never have any problems like this! it goes on super smoooooth no lumps or bumps doesnt run away and last supper long with no chips even after 5weeks! i think as soon as 1 product comes out every 1 els follows! like with Minx this is fab and i lovee it i wouldnt want to us anything els as nothing compairs to it! TNW are thick and bulky and are now were near as shiny as minx! but as soon as minx came out all the copys did!
Shellac as the 1st product like this availble on the market! and after 5years of research they were in no rush! but as soon as Shellac as launch all the other companys rushed to get there product out there!! i think some of the company rushed to much so didnt test there products to the fullest! if you understand what i mean? i used Gelish and one of the colour was ment to be a lilac colour and after afew days on a clients nails when a green/gray colour! now to me thats poor testing of a product if it had been tested to its fullest it wouldnt have done that. it also resulted with me having a few unhappy client! :(
i have to say my opinion is bias as i LOVE every that is CND and dont like to cheat on them ;) hehehe
but oviously youve just bought into geleration so dont exscalty wana spend more money but its worth every penny! hope you get the problem sorted! x

Hi as said previously the base layer must be super thin and worked into the nail. Make sure you have well prepped the nails ensuring that you have left no oil or cuticule remover around the edges of the nails because if you are using all Jessica traditional nail products they contain alot of oil for nourishing the nails and that is obviously not what you want left behind before applying gel. Make sure you use the cleanser to temporarily dehydrate the nails then apply prep before start.

You can also use a dry brush to gently swipe round the edge of the nail after curing the base coat. This is not to try to remove any base layer, but gelish is very similar to geleration and this has been asdvised by them as it will just remove a little of the inhibition layer if it is a little heavy round the edges.

Make sure you cap and cure for 10 secs to hold the gel after each finger until your speed improves. Remember to keep ALL layers thin to stop the gel shrinking back. Better to do three thin coats of colour than two thick and the darker the colour (the more pigment) it may take a little longer to cure was what we was told. You can't over cure.

HTH x

Also, do not soak the nails in water when prepping, keep the nail plate away form water as much as possible.

Latest posts

Back