Gelish French turning brown/yellow!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll definitely keep you posted because I'm baffled too! Lol I called Nail Harmony this morning & they sent me the list of steps for french but I'm already doing everything listed so I'm about to call back again.

UPDATE: I spoke with someone at Nail Harmony today and they said I'm not the first person to call in saying that the top coat is turning yellow. It sounds like I may have purchased a bad top coat so she asked me to send it back so they can test it. In the mean time they are going to send me another bottle so hopefully that solves the problem. Thanks for all the responses. I'll keep you posted!

UPDATE: I spoke with someone at Nail Harmony today and they said I'm not the first person to call in saying that the top coat is turning yellow. It sounds like I may have purchased a bad top coat so she asked me to send it back so they can test it. In the mean time they are going to send me another bottle so hopefully that solves the problem. Thanks for all the responses. I'll keep you posted!

Well that's good to know, I'm pleased you are getting a replacement.

These things happened from time to time with all companies:hug:

Over the years of being a nail tech, I have used many differernt UV cured topcoats. None of which have discoloured.
When a client has returned to me with discoloured french in the past (I'm talking acrylics here, before Harmony) & I have buffed the surface to produce a lovely white french, it is always apparent to of been an outside influence that has caused the discolouring & not the product.

Certain products we use in everyday life can have this effect like hair mousse for blonde hair (the one that removes yellow tones) can over a few days leave a dirty look to the nail. It took a few weeks to work that out with a client, but that's what it was in the end, as I has the same product at home & tested it.
Also, dye can come of clothing we are wearing, particularly new items, simply by brushing our nails on them throughout the day.
Another clients french white turned pink - it was dicovered she was poorly & had been spending a long time wearing a new red dressing gown, they dye transfered off onto her nail - she went home to check & rang me to say that's how it happened.

This is not a problem to have come up with Top It Off, so I would suggest it's something you are doing, after application.
Another thing to check is your UV lamps bulbs, they do need to be changed every 4-6 months & make sure you are curing for the correct time in the UV lamp - 2mins.

I'm sure we'll work out what's causing this eventually:hug:

I am having the same problem. After just a couple of days the nails are yellowing like you have used self tanners. Thank you Bev Rose, I now think it is the Big Sexy "Hard Up" gel that is doing it, since it is such a deep blue. Going to wear gloves from now on and see.

A few days after applying a french manicure using gelish, the white part starts to get little light yellowish-brown spots in it. I apply the foundation, 2 coats of white and the top coat. It's still shiny after 2 weeks but the white tips aren't nearly as brilliant as they are when I first do it. Has anyone else had this problem? (Sorry if this has already been discussed. I looked but was unable to find anything.)
I got gels done 2 weeks ago and just had a clear coat applied. Mine has turned like a pinkish/red color. I thought maybe it had to do with heat from being close to my flat iron but who knows.

Latest posts

Back