Getting there x

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buttons

Reaction score
Hello,

It's been a while since i have been on the site and thought I would just have a quick look - 3 hours ago !!!!!!

I have just completed my Ezflow training and managed to get a distinction and the hightest mark my trainer has given _ So really happy !!

Jus need to get models now and try solve my probs of air bubbles. I have done a search and found a few things I may or may not be doing wrong.

A fellow beauty therapist friendis opening a salon and wants me to be her nail tech. Ive said yes fantastic but really not happy as my nails aren't as good as i want them to be. I wouldn't want to start on the public until I have perfected it.

At what stage tho do you jus go for it. I'm a bit of a perfectionist. I have had nails done and seen nails that aern't as good as mine and could pick faults with all of them when thay cost £40.

I know you are always learning and it takes years to be absolutely fab. But I also know that you got to start somewhere. I've decided to go get my nails done in a recomended salon in the same town to see their standards.

I'm very picky and self critical - this isn't a bad thing is it?
My next set I'll try post a piccy and see what you thik. I'm going down the sculpted route as I think it's a fab skill to have.

Sorry for babbling - its been a while since i've talk nails x

HIYA, FIRST OFF CONGRATULATIONS!!

Secondly, most of us are very self-critical and feel that we can do better etc. Sometimes, you have to just bite the bullet, hold your breath and jump in!! I started working on people whilst training at college ( no charge till i qualified) and then for the first three months I charged £10 a set and made people aware that I was newly qualified. A lot of my clients at this stage were friends/neighbours but I did have a few "real" ones too. Keeping updated, bouncing your ideas off another tech (or 5000!!) and if you can, get a tech buddy who lives near you (so you can do each others nails and discuss technique etc). Most of all, have confidence in yourself. I don't know Ezflow, but I am sure that you would not have got the highest marks and a distinction for being s**t and producing c**p nails.

Congratulations, now get out there and do what your good at......

I agree with Jacqui ... if you feel your nails (although not perfect in your eyes) are better than many you see women paying for then just get going and do it ... best way to get your experience is to start experiencing it.

I'd sort the bubbble problem out though as soon as possible.

Latest posts

Back