Gigi Rouse

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweatpea

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where I can see Gigi Rouses work? I'm very interested as I keep seeing her name popping up and I'd love to be able to see her style of nails. Thanks in advance :)

Gigi Rouse is one of the founding members of nails in the UK, and of this site. She brought CND to the UK as only authorised distributor at least 20 years ago, and that position is now held by SweetSquared,owned and run by Samantha Sweet (Gigi's Daughter) and Samuel Sweet (Samantha's Huband/Gigi's son-in-law).

She was a massive contributor to this site, if you search members for 'Geeg' - you'll find thousands of posts and tutorials written by her. Also her book Nail Class is regarded as one of our bibles. All the pictures in the book are GIgi's work I believe. Sadly she has retired from this site, and i for one miss her greatly. Social media sites such as Instagram, etc. didn't exist when she was working but her work was featured in many, many magazines and editorials. The ones i remember the most are the posters for Solar Oil. I'll see if i can find them on line and link to them for you. I have two on the wall in my salon but i'm not home at the moment to photograph them for you.

I miss Gigi being involved in Salon Geeg, loved her no nonsense straight to the point answers, she replied to one of my threads once & I was thrilled [emoji16]

I miss Gigi being involved in Salon Geeg, loved her no nonsense straight to the point answers, she replied to one of my threads once & I was thrilled [emoji16]

She scared the bejesus out of me, but by God does she know her stuff. I loved that she insisted on maintaining standards on the site, L&P was referred to as such not 'acrylic', abrasives not 'files', etc. I miss her very much

http://www.orangeportstudios.com/images/portfolio/portfolio-photography-solaroildrip.jpg

Hopefully the link above works, there were a series of 3 images for the Solar Oil range, Gigi did the nails on all 3. I have 2 in A0 sized posters on my walls but i can only find 1 on line. Those nails are L&P extensions, with a custom blend white powder (all the different colours didn't exist then, Gigi created her own mix). They were not photoshopped either as Photoshop didn't exist then either.

I really miss all the old style CND posters they were so simple beautiful and elegant Gigi did a beautiful job at them xx

http://www.orangeportstudios.com/images/portfolio/portfolio-photography-solaroildrip.jpg

Hopefully the link above works, there were a series of 3 images for the Solar Oil range, Gigi did the nails on all 3. I have 2 in A0 sized posters on my walls but i can only find 1 on line. Those nails are L&P extensions, with a custom blend white powder (all the different colours didn't exist then, Gigi created her own mix). They were not photoshopped either as Photoshop didn't exist then either.

LOVE that poster! Thanks for sharing! :)

Thank you for taking the time to post Trinity. I've seen this picture lots before. Didn't know she'd done these nails though :)

And now I understand the Name Sweet... Squared!!!!

I just wish she had a catalogue of her work to look through.

Hi guys ... long time since I was last here. @Sweatpea I’m sorry that I don’t have such a thing as a catalogue of my work. All my work was photographed for magazines and posters and promotions, STEP BY STEPS etc, for the business. I guess Samantha Sweet has them all archived somewhere in a box, but they have never been digitised for posterity. LOL. One thing I have done though, which I suppose is my legacy, is to have taught many many great nail technicians and educators who have passed on (and are still passing on) my expertise to others.
Thank you for the kind remarks ... so many forums have come along that I spend most of my 'working' time helping out on them. I’m around if anyone wants or needs me you can always get hold of me to critique your work etc. Just give me a shout. ❤️❤️

Hi guys ... long time since I was last here. @Sweatpea I’m sorry that I don’t have such a thing as a catalogue of my work. All my work was photographed for magazines and posters and promotions, STEP BY STEPS etc, for the business. I guess Samantha Sweet has them all archived somewhere in a box, but they have never been digitised for posterity. LOL. One thing I have done though, which I suppose is my legacy, is to have taught many many great nail technicians and educators who have passed on (and are still passing on) my expertise to others.
Thank you for the kind remarks ... so many forums have come along that I spend most of my 'working' time helping out on them. I’m around if anyone wants or needs me you can always get hold of me to critique your work etc. Just give me a shout. ❤️❤️

So happy to 'see' you...you've been missed! ❤️❤️

Yayyy lovely to here from you Gigi

Latest posts

Back