Glitter tattoos/childrens parties!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cool hunny i working til bout 8 so will be after that when i get back to you my email is
[email protected]
if you send me an email i will just reply and attch disclaimer i had edited my details and wrote MY DETAILS this is where you will need to put yours hunny hope that makes sense lol.xx

Is it possible you could send me this to if you doubt mind it would be a great help to me xxx

thats ok its a start! and at least you know what to expect in the process x

i think you will probably do better where there are lots of kids so anything at a school also in the summer more want them, just make sure you have price lists on show wherever you go so that you can get your name out there. Also i had tshirts printed so that while i was doing i was advertsiing!

Great idea! I think I'll have a look around at some school fetes etc. to get started. My current 'Princess Parties' offer glitter make up and nail art, so tattoos will be a great addition. Thanks for your help geeks! x

How much do people charge to go and do a kids party? I've just tried doing some research on line and people seem to be charging loads! Works out to be about £2.50 per child (obviously this is all paid in full by the person organising the party) I though that sounded quite a lot?

Do you charge a set amount if up to 10 kids come / up to 20 kids etc and then do you limit it to just 1 each?

Hi! I charge £8pp if there are 4-8 people and £5.50pp if there are 8+. I include glitter make-up, nail polish & nail art and hair (usually some glitter spray and a curling wand does the trick!). After this thread I am definitely going to be adding glitter tattoos too! xx

Can anyone tell me what they charge for JUST glitter tattoos at a party? (No nail painting etc). I have done a few parties now and kind of just make up the price as I go along but would really like to come up with some sort of structures price guide! If you would prefer to pm me please do x

I've been to a few parties and have typically paid £1.50 for a glitter tattoo, £3.50 for glittery face painting such as a butterfly eye mask design

I've been to a few parties and have typically paid £1.50 for a glitter tattoo, £3.50 for glittery face painting such as a butterfly eye mask design

Thanks do you mean that's what you have charged per child? I am looking for the price that you would charge the party host? X

Hi sorry I was referring to when I've been to a ball park party as a guest with my children on a saturday there's a lady there with a table all set up and she spends the day there doing glitter tattoos and face painting, its not part of the party as anybody can go and have it done. She charges roughly £1.50 for a medium sized glitter tattoo and then around £3.50 for a face design.
She is constantly busy and there's always a huge line waiting for something done, she must pay the ball park a fee and then keep the rest but she must make a lot of money doing what she does. It was just another idea to children's parties. She does hire out for parties as I've seen her advertise there but not sure what she charges for that.

Hi sorry I was referring to when I've been to a ball park party as a guest with my children on a saturday there's a lady there with a table all set up and she spends the day there doing glitter tattoos and face painting, its not part of the party as anybody can go and have it done. She charges roughly £1.50 for a medium sized glitter tattoo and then around £3.50 for a face design.
She is constantly busy and there's always a huge line waiting for something done, she must pay the ball park a fee and then keep the rest but she must make a lot of money doing what she does. It was just another idea to children's parties. She does hire out for parties as I've seen her advertise there but not sure what she charges for that.

Thanks :) I have done things like this - school fetes etc and charged individually. I am just really struggling with a price to charge people for a party of kids. Thank you for your comment x

For private parties you need to be charging an hourly rate really. Firstly you need to work out how many tattoo's you can comfortable do within 1hr. You need to work out how much each tattoo costs you to ensure you know the minimum you need to make to cover your costs. Don't forget insurance and travel expenses too!

Charging individually for private parties is a bit of a dangerous game imo. You could go and only do 5 tattoo's and make next to no money. You could do lots of tattoo's and the host could argue the figure with you. It also means you have to keep track of the amount you are doing, which when your really busy may be easier said then done!

Generally I charge £30 per hour but minimum is 2 hour booking. I also face paint so prices are based on face painting parties rather than just tattoo's. In relation to other painters I'm on the cheaper side! If it was just tattoo's I would likely charge £20-25 per hour depending on the number of children.

Always ask prior to accepting booking the number of children to ensure you can fit them all in. You do get enquires for 1 hour bookings and when you ask about numbers they want you to do 50 children! Its also worth having a booking form/contract that they can complete and return with deposit. HTH x

For private parties you need to be charging an hourly rate really. Firstly you need to work out how many tattoo's you can comfortable do within 1hr. You need to work out how much each tattoo costs you to ensure you know the minimum you need to make to cover your costs. Don't forget insurance and travel expenses too!

Charging individually for private parties is a bit of a dangerous game imo. You could go and only do 5 tattoo's and make next to no money. You could do lots of tattoo's and the host could argue the figure with you. It also means you have to keep track of the amount you are doing, which when your really busy may be easier said then done!

Generally I charge £30 per hour but minimum is 2 hour booking. I also face paint so prices are based on face painting parties rather than just tattoo's. In relation to other painters I'm on the cheaper side! If it was just tattoo's I would likely charge £20-25 per hour depending on the number of children.

Always ask prior to accepting booking the number of children to ensure you can fit them all in. You do get enquires for 1 hour bookings and when you ask about numbers they want you to do 50 children! Its also worth having a booking form/contract that they can complete and return with deposit. HTH x

Thanks so much that's really helpful. Yes you're right, I was asked to quote for an hour and there would be 30 kids. I wanted to explain that I couldn't do 30 in 1 hour but this is how much it would be for 2 hours. Then I just couldn't work it out!!

I think £20-25 an hour sounds about right to me, I've tried to do a bit of research and some people charge a lot more.

I suppose you always have the concern that the party host might want a refund (or not pay you as much) if not as many children turn up as they thought. I hate awkward situations like that. By charging hourly rather than per child I guess that helps to eliminate these issues?! But then on the other hand if 10 more kids turned up than you were first told and you couldn't fit them in what do you do? Think I need to work out some T&C's ......

Thanks so much that's really helpful. Yes you're right, I was asked to quote for an hour and there would be 30 kids. I wanted to explain that I couldn't do 30 in 1 hour but this is how much it would be for 2 hours. Then I just couldn't work it out!!

I think £20-25 an hour sounds about right to me, I've tried to do a bit of research and some people charge a lot more.

I suppose you always have the concern that the party host might want a refund (or not pay you as much) if not as many children turn up as they thought. I hate awkward situations like that. By charging hourly rather than per child I guess that helps to eliminate these issues?! But then on the other hand if 10 more kids turned up than you were first told and you couldn't fit them in what do you do? Think I need to work out some T&C's ......

I think everybody gets nervous when they start out, and usually worry about their pricing too!

The best way to avoid any awkward situations is really to have a booking form and contract completed before the party. I include in my contract that I can not guarantee that I will be able to stay longer then contracted time agreed due to other bookings etc. If it is possible for me to stay over I will charge £xx per 30 minutes. Many face painters use systems such as numbers or stickers for booked children to help manage large bookings. In terms of few children showing up that's not really your problem, hence why its best to charge hourly rate. Its still cost you to be there regardless of number of kids that show up. I would urge you to take a deposit too x

I think everybody gets nervous when they start out, and usually worry about their pricing too!

The best way to avoid any awkward situations is really to have a booking form and contract completed before the party. I include in my contract that I can not guarantee that I will be able to stay longer then contracted time agreed due to other bookings etc. If it is possible for me to stay over I will charge £xx per 30 minutes. Many face painters use systems such as numbers or stickers for booked children to help manage large bookings. In terms of few children showing up that's not really your problem, hence why its best to charge hourly rate. Its still cost you to be there regardless of number of kids that show up. I would urge you to take a deposit too x

Ok I will write down a list of the important things that I think should be confirmed beforehand then put it all in a documents to be signed by them. Thank you so much for your help x

I want to start Princess parties.
I do nails only.

Spoke to my insurance they said I'd have to be qualified in skin care to do glitter tattoos 😞

Can anyone suggest any insurance where they allow glitter tattoos?

If I can only do nails, I was thinking glitter nails, nail art, then a goody bag, little tiaras for the girls. Any other suggestions?

I want to start Princess parties.
I do nails only.

Spoke to my insurance they said I'd have to be qualified in skin care to do glitter tattoos 😞

Can anyone suggest any insurance where they allow glitter tattoos?

If I can only do nails, I was thinking glitter nails, nail art, then a goody bag, little tiaras for the girls. Any other suggestions?

I am with ABT and I talked to them, they said i could either do a spray tanning course or a skincare course in order to be covered for glitter tattoos. I did a spray tan course and am now covered for glitter tattoos. I was told it was so you knew what skin contra indications etc are.

Latest posts

Back