greenies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kay welch

Reaction score
I had a client book yesterday for extensions she works in the local shop i use everyday.Any way she knew i done nails because i put cards up in the shop when i looked at her nails they looked like they had fungel infection on about 3 nails.She said they wher bruised from some stick on nails and she pulled them of.Itold her to get some pure teetreeoil or ask if the chemist could recomend something.The thing is i wasent really sure and dont know if i should be doing them or not any advise thanx.:|

kay welch said:
I had a client book yesterday for extensions she works in the local shop i use everyday.Any way she knew i done nails because i put cards up in the shop when i looked at her nails they looked like they had fungel infection on about 3 nails.She said they wher bruised from some stick on nails and she pulled them of.Itold her to get some pure teetreeoil or ask if the chemist could recomend something.The thing is i wasent really sure and dont know if i should be doing them or not any advise thanx.:|

Hi Kay, it sounds like a bacterial infection (greenie) not a fungal infection. If it is a green nail then it is ok to remove the enhancement and gently buff over the nail and then give it a good scrub with scrubfresh as this has pathogen fighting ingredients in it and then re-apply your chosen product. You should never diagnose a problem or treat a problem for the simple reason that we are not qualified to diagnose or treat and should the client have further problems you have left yourself wide open for legal actions. If you are ever unsure recommend your client pay a visit to the Dr. Hths
David

Hi Kay,

You don't describe what the nail looked like/colour etc.... So I'm just gonna add this :)

If the nail was green then Davids answser is perfect!

If they look brown/black (bruised looking) and it appears to be under the nail plate, then it could well be splinter hemmoraging (bleeding) under the nail plate. If so it will grow out with time and a lesson learnt in being nicer to nails.

Fungus on nails is a thickened and creamy looking nail plate, often it will be very dry and crumbling. (EXTREMELY RARE)

If you are ever unsure recommend your client pay a visit to the Dr.

Latest posts

Back