Hair extensions - all falling out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

000whiterose000

Reaction score
Hello,
I hope I can get some advice.
I got extentions put in a week ago - 2 packs. The hairdresser bought indian hair.
I asked for nano, but later on got told by several hairdressers they are definitely micro. When I asked her she said she did fit nano, just different companies do them differently and micro are alot rounder. Thinking I'm a mug!

A week in they are all falling out. 20 came out today.
I wrote to her asking for removal and refund - she said there was nothing wrong with application, sometime people just reject extentions and would not refund - only offer me removal for free.

I'm devastated as it was a lot of money for me, when I got misold the wrong type and they are all coming off.

I am not just going to leave it and I will take it further as I won't let her take the piss out of me.

Can you please advise me what is best to do next? Thank you

Attachments

• 1404397712728.jpg
    1404397712728.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 555
  • 1404397729180.jpg
    1404397729180.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:
There defiantly micro rings and the sectioning and placement looks a little off but that's just from looking at the picture

Thank you!
What would you suggest I do a week in they are all sliding off my hair?

She will not refund :( xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you!
What would you suggest I do a week in they are all sliding off my hair?

She will not refund :( xx

Request a refit. Is your hair fine ??

Use a reputable hairdresser next time? ;-)

My hair is medium. Not ultra fine.
I thought I was using a good hairdresser, she works in a salon all day and does homers - thought she had loads of experience. She's also my client (I'm a nail tech).

She only offered removal, no refund.

They were misold as nanos and falling out. What do I do? Xx

She should have done a consultation form? This should state that you requested nano rings as these are definitely micro rings. It doesn't look like she has sectioned the hair at all so i know it may seem a lot but personally i would put it to experience and go to someone who has been recommended. However, as you stated you wanted nanos and she made the mistake you shouldn't lose out but she will be very reluctant as this will cost her a lot out of her own money to buy the nanos and not have the i tips. If she is a professional she will have your consultation form for legal matters which u can take her to a small claims court but you would have to pay for that. It looks like she hasnt pulled enough hair through as the rings are still attached to the tip and your own hair isnt in it so she cannot say your hair isnt strong enough

Thank you :)
There was no consultation form... I'm gonna go to trading standards. Feel so mugged off! :( xx

Thats not good! Is she trained and insured? Never feel like you cant ask to see qualifications and insurance certs as all qualified people will have no issue in showing you these. I show them on my consultations xx

No idea, just know she works for a salon. ..

If there was no consultation for then her insurance is void.
They are defiantly micro rings. I'll try and send a picture of a micro ring next to a nano ring. The nano rings are 90% smaller than micro rings.
I would ask her who she is insured with. I give all my clients a copy of there consultation forms.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404421333.578540.jpg the tips have a metal loop that hold the nano in place

Thank you for your help.
She won't reply or tell me who her insurance is from. I think I'm best going to trading standards or opening a case in small claims court?

Could be that your hair is not suitable for micro rings. These are defo micro rings not nano rings. A consultation and a strand test should have been done a few days as you could have been allergic to the silicone. If everything was okay then you go ahead with paying a deposit and then fitting and pay the outstanding balance on day of fitting.

I dont think your entitled to a refund as the hair extensions have been fitted. Your entitled to have them ones that have fallen out re fitted. Or have your install refitted also could be if hairdresser had taken the sections too small then their wont be enough hair for the micro ring to grip onto. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Before taking things further wait for her to reply to rectify the problem. Alot hese cases will not be taken on by a small claims court. X

I defiantly think you should go to trading standards as you requested nano not micro

Maybe she genuinely though micro rings was nano due to the lack of hair extension knowledge. Hope you get this resolved hun xx

Hello,
I hope I can get some advice.
I got extentions put in a week ago - 2 packs. The hairdresser bought indian hair, both packs for £90 and charged me with fitting £180.
I asked for nano, but later on got told by several hairdressers they are definitely micro. When I asked her she said she did fit nano, just different companies do them differently and micro are alot rounder. Thinking I'm a mug!

A week in they are all falling out. 20 came out today.
I wrote to her asking for removal and refund - she said there was nothing wrong with application, sometime people just reject extentions and would not refund - only offer me removal for free.

I'm devastated as it was a lot of money for me, when I got misold the wrong type and they are all coming off.

I am not just going to leave it and I will take it further as I won't let her take the piss out of me.

Can you please advise me what is best to do next? Thank you

A week before the day of the fitting you are supposed to have a single strand fitted to test for ( "rejecting" ) we call it an allergy test, it's required by law just like a patch test when u have tint applied to ur skin or scalp, for insurance purposes and to keep within the law we have to fill in a consultation form, it covers you & us in the event of a problem arising, I'm shocked that a hairdresser would try to pass off micro rings as nanos! As the pictures above show the tip & ring is completely different! That alone would be reason enough to ask for a refund! I would definatley take it further if she dosent co operate, however I won't be surprised if she isn't even qualified in this area anyway, the fitting looks shoddy and that could be why their all coming out, the ring should be almost at the tip of that hair and it's clearly half way down the tip! It's fitters like these who spoil it for the rest of us! Ideally anyone who's looking to have extensions fitted should contact other people to get real feedback on the fitter before handing over any cash!

Thank you. The only reason I am asking for removal & a refund is because I asked for nano, got micro and they are falling out.
No test or consultation form was carried out. She just refused to refund saying there is nothing wrong with the hair or fitting.
I will contact trading standards. So scared to get someone else fix this :(

Latest posts

Back