Hair | Jennifer Aniston On Why Hair Is So Important To Us

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
After watching Dove's latest campaign showing our inability to recognise our own beauty go viral, it's no surprise to me that we reluctant to recognise our other qualities too. There's no doubt that our hair plays a huge role in the version of our own beauty and just like our overall appearance, it seems it's very hard for us to love our own hair. Most of us covet the hair of others and Jennifer Aniston, co-owner of Living Proof, knows that better than most.

It turns out Jennifer Aniston was not a big fan of THAT haircut. "I think it was the ugliest haircut I've ever seen," said Jennifer. "What I want to know is, how did that thing have legs?" 'The Rachel' was the invention of long-time stylist of Jennifer's Chris McMillan, who recently admitted he was high when he created the style back in 1994. "I’m 14 years sober, so I feel safe enough to say that," he told WWD.com.

However that haircut came about, it defined hair trends for the next few years and if you were a hairdresser, you had to learn how to recreate it because you were going to be asked for it about ten times a day. Now Living Proof are offering people the change to chat all things hair with Jen and Chris and get a haircut from the (sober!) McMillan.

THIS video entitled "Good Hair Day With Jennifer Aniston" is well worth a watch and if you're anything like me, you'll be left with a massive girl-crush on Jen.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Image courtesy of Living Proof

Attachments

• jennifer-aniston-hairdresser-gave-her-the-rachel-while-high_GB.jpg
    jennifer-aniston-hairdresser-gave-her-the-rachel-while-high_GB.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 237

Latest posts

Back