Hair | Jennifer Aniston's Living Proof Signs Deal With Chris McMillan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
There's not much that stuns the hair industry but when Chris McMillan signed up to endorse Living Proof you could have heard a bobby pin drop. You see, Chris McMillan is one of the most successful hairdressers in the world and I'm using the word 'hairdresser' on purpose (he hates the word 'hairstylist') but has, in a career spanning over two decades point blank refused to endorse or be associated with any one product.

If you don't know who he is then think of the most famous haircut in the last fifteen years? Got it? The Rachel? Yep. That was him. McMillan has styled the barnets of Oscar winners, Oscar nominees, Oscar invitees and Johnny Regular for over twenty years, and it's only now that he's finally committed to a brand.

You may remember, a couple of months ago, that the news was out about Jennifer Aniston, great mate of McMillan and one to whom he owes a lot of his success, becoming a partner in Living Proof. Now, the cynics amongst us may jump to the conclusion that perhaps this has more to do with his sudden allegiance to once brand, but I'm not cynical and he is pretty convincing when he's asked, "Why now?"

Speaking to Allure magazine he responds, "You know why? The stuff works. It is a truly great line and you know I never say that. I went to MIT, I met with researchers, I really looked into it. When we use the shampoo and conditioner on a client in the salon, I can always tell because their hair is crazy soft afterwards. I'm so excited about it.

"My favourite product is amp², a styling cream - you can work it into fine hair and it won't weight it down' you can work it into thick hair and it gives the ends a really nice texture. Plus, I get to get involved in product development. Yes, it's taken a long time for me to find a product I really love enough."

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Photo: Noel Federizo

Attachments

• chris-mcmillan-living-proof.jpg
    chris-mcmillan-living-proof.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 376

Latest posts

Back