Hair | Trend: Embracing The Grey

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
There's nothing more wonderful than seeing women in Hollywood defy the pressure to stay young by growing old gracefully and beautifully. More and more, women are turning their backs on colour and embracing the grey and Linda Sweetman, Senior Stylist/Colorist at David’s Beautiful People Salon in North Bethesda, Maryland thinks this a positive thing.

“I am seeing a lot of women right now who are embracing their gray hair. “I think this is an important new hair color trend with baby boomers who are starting to retire.”

As a hair stylist, Sweetman believes in natural hair colour and works to enhance a person's natural colour. More and more, this is grey. Speaking to SalonToday.com she explains what she's seeing more of and how she is making these women look fabulous.

TREND #1: Client are asking for darker and medium tones for a salt and pepper look to dimensionalize their gray hair color shades, rather than going white.

TREND #2: Some mature clients will add hair color with highlight services, the trends for some of these women are with more natural looking monochromatic and multi-dimensional hair color designs with soft, loose hair.

“Try recommending glosses, glazes and Cellophane treatments to add extra shine for your mature clients,” she adds.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• Diane-keaton-Gray-Hair.jpg
    Diane-keaton-Gray-Hair.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 447
  • Jamie-Lee-Curtis-gray-Hair.jpg
    Jamie-Lee-Curtis-gray-Hair.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 297
  • Kathy-Bates-Gray-Hair.jpg
    Kathy-Bates-Gray-Hair.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 226
Stunning. I adore natural grey hair, especially when it's kept long! I'm definitely going to embrace it!

One day maybe, but I'm not ready just yet :Scared:

One day maybe, but I'm not ready just yet :Scared:

I'm with you, Noodle!

Graying red hair is just not a good look...:eek:

Latest posts

Back