Hairdressers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirk25

Reaction score
where have all the regulars gone? x

Away sorry Hun. Just not the same now is it xoxo

Banned , most are the anyway one of the originals still around is tomme really x

Gave up when they banned most of the intelligent people x

still banned? is it not temporary???
I miss them maybe we should start a hair geek page on fb lol xx

look i know it sucks people have been banned but given i have been on this site a longgggg time let me give you a bit of advice :D

no amount of complaining will change it so instead of being negative why not do some threads and get the passion back .. also theres plenty of intelligent people on here why not just give them the chance ?

what is it you all want , do you want indepth technical
threads ? regarding color correction , underlying tones , different foil placements , formulas , ratios , ?

Couldn't agree more with dee, move on, there are still plenty of experienced knowledgeable Hair Geeks on here just waiting on intelligent, interesting threads.

I don't miss two of them. They were rude, argumentative and down right obnoxious. Well Soon SG

I agree with Pauline ... Move in guys and dolls :D

Too many people just want the drama :( thats no what this place is about ... Thankfully, I for one dont have the tine for it!

Now for some real hairdressing please xx

Mixed feelings...

But It was getting quite bitchy and snappy in here :-(

x x

There were people who were expert in their field and who gave their time and expertise freely. I hope that the people who denigrate them are happy to step up to the plate and give expert, authorative answers, frequently and without thanks a lot of the time.

I can now count on one hand the number of true hair pros on this site who's answers I would trust, which is rather scary given the number of hair threads that are posted.

We lost a prominent matrix geek, and an expert wella geek among others, and there ain't many on here who can answer those threads as clearly and concisely.

I use chromatics, which is a bit elitist for this forum. Few geeks have access to it, let alone use it. There are never questions for me to answer.

The loss of experienced people is never something to celebrate, however abrasive you personally find them. I'm certain there are newbie nail geeks who have whined about some of the 'queens' of the nail forum for their no nonsense style. Doesn't take away from their superior knowledge and expert help though.

As an aside, although people cannot log on and post, they can still see comments.

I used to look forward to all the really experienced hairdressers answering some of the hair extension questions but none appear now.

I used to look forward to all the really experienced hairdressers answering some of the hair extension questions but none appear now.

Some had rapped knuckles, some banned.
I can't answer anything in which I have a financial interest, which kinda rules out hair, beauty, nails, property, hair extensions and books.
It's the forum rules.

Some had rapped knuckles, some banned.
I can't answer anything in which I have a financial interest, which kinda rules out hair, beauty, nails, property, hair extensions and books.
It's the forum rules.

Think the rules need changing then, as surely nearly everyone on here has a financial interest in one of those areas!! :D

Anyway, back to original question, I miss the hairdresser geeks too. Whilst they may have had a unique and rather blunt style on occasion, they knew their stuff. And it's true, I don't know which other (hair) Geeks advice I'd trust particularly (not to start a riot on here by that comment).

I personally think it's a shame that all that experience and free help has been removed from the forum. Those who helped inflame the situation I hope are also banned and all the little new profiles that appeared to chip in as well.

Last edited:
Think the rules need changing then, as surely nearly everyone on here has a financial interest in one of those areas!! :D

Anyway, back to original question, I miss the hairdresser geeks too. Whilst they may have had a unique and rather blunt style on occasion, they knew their stuff. And it's true, I don't know which other (hair) Geeks advice I'd trust particularly (not to start a riot on here by that comment).

I personally think it's a shame that all that experience and free help has been removed from the forum. Those who helped inflame the situation I hope are also banned and all the little new profiles that appeared to chip in as well.

I think the problem was that it was perceived that I self promote.

I think the problem was that it was perceived that I self promote.

Really?
Oh dear! :/ Yeah, that doesn't happen on here at all EVER now does it?!

Really?
Oh dear! :/ Yeah, that doesn't happen on here at all EVER now does it?!

Its not meant to. I now report every scrap of product promotion threads I see. Apart from one company:D I also try not to mention the product ranges I'm associated with too frequently, I never mention my webshop address as I got told off for that too.
Then of course we had The-that-can't-be-mentioned, even though we had a ten page fifty shades thread!!!

So yeah I guess I'm guilty of self promotion. I bet nobody on here can accurately list all my business interests though.....and you'd all be shocked to the bone if I did:D I keep more quiet than I promote.

I do really wish you guys would get over this. Membership to Salon Geek is not a right!

Whilst you all think you know what went on behind the scenes, none of you do or you are only listening to one side. The site has moderators to enforce the rules, we do not need volunteer rogue policeman thinking that they will do a better job.

As to posting for your own financial gain, I dont know how many times we need to clarify this. It is quite simples!

If you sell a shampoo range, for example, YOU CANNOT START A THREAD to promote said shampoo range, however if someone else asks for shampoo range recommendations then there is nothing stopping you from posting on the thread saying this is what I use and recommend.

How much clearer can it be!

To be honest I'm scared to show passion on this site incase it is misconstrued as cocky or
Bitchy and I get banned to. I used to post alot and have lost the faith to be honest. I really hope new hairdressers don't suffer In there young careers now by accepting ill-fitting advice from
People playing expert. I hope that mods can cope with the influx of half thought out hair advice because as its been said some of the most influential and experienced hairdressers are either gone, or like me, not as willing to contribute

Too right Scotty! It's a bit sad when people can't answer questions without getting their heads bitten off by trainee's or newly qualified because "their tutor didn't tell them it". If people don't want clear advice then they shouldn't post, as shouldn't people who are guessing answers then see their bum when corrected.

I have been told people like my no nonsense approach, I've never sugar coated anything in my life, and really don't feel the need to because it may offend someone. But it seems now that we have to change our personalities to suit others, which I'm not willing to do, and that's a reason why I'm reducing posts on here. Xoxo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back