Hairdressers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used two hairdressers in the past couple of years one I paid £23 cut and blowdry and the other I paid £40.
The one salon I was left at reception whilst the owner and stylist finished they're cups of tea and never said a word to me, I was then washed with cheap shampoo and conditioner, then left for 20 minutes with soaking wet hair whilst the stylist put her daughter's colour on 'hope you don't mind but she's got to get to work' I then had my hair cut and dried and the one side was longer than the other.
At the other salon I was greeted at reception, asked if I wanted a drink, then the stylist walked me over to the chair, did a consultation, then walked me to the backwash, used professional shampoos, gave me a conditioning treatment in a massage chair whilst watching the plasma tv, then gave me a great haircut.
Yes there was £17 difference but I was treated alot differently and I definitely got what I paid for.
I'm sure you can guess which salon I use ;)

Oooh that sounds lovely :)

Have a look on this thread.... you might see why people are annoyed. You'll notice it's more beauty than hair getting fed up of being considered cheap options.

http://www.salongeek.com/biz-geek/203086-crazy-pricing-whats-worst-youve-seen.html

OP might find a cheap deal in her area and Pauline M might realise hairdressers aren't the only one's fed up of our skills being devalued by groupons/DIY'ers.

:)

I only wanted to stick up for someone who seemed to be getting a bit of a hard time for asking a question. The OP obviously didn't want to offend anyone.

Yet, one or two responses were a little off putting. Did someone else mention "bitchiness"? It's such a shame really.

I only wanted to stick up for someone who seemed to be getting a bit of a hard time for asking a question. The OP obviously didn't want to offend anyone.

Yet, one or two responses were a little off putting. Did someone else mention "bitchiness"? It's such a shame really.

Xx backing out of this as I feel the point has been very well made without getting into a sarcastic squabble with people on the internet lol xx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back