Hairdressing disaster-too polite to complain. What should I do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauzz123

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Just want some advice really about going back to a salon if your unhappy, I just feel so bad to complain. I usually get my hair done by a girl in a local salon however when I phoned up she was on holiday so I asked to be put with someone else..
I usually get highlights and a ice white toner ( I asked him to use dialight 10.12 But he said he didn't have it) so... I got a T section of highlights with olaplex and a toner and I paid £105. In the shop it looked ok but when I got home and had a proper look... it looks awful. I honestly believe I could of done a better job myself. It's not even ash/ice blonde either. I'll include some pictures. You can still see all my roots and some of it looks like he's just painted th bleach without weaving any highlights... I feel bad going back and complaining though but I'm really upset I've just paid 105£ for a awful job. Do you think I should go back and say something Or just never go back again. Do you think I'm over reacting or do you lot think this is unacceptable?

Attachments

• IMG_1539.JPG
    IMG_1539.JPG
    524.6 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_1541.JPG
    IMG_1541.JPG
    441.3 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_1529.JPG
    IMG_1529.JPG
    535.1 KB · Views: 193
That's a poor job. He hasn't got close enough to the roots and it's certainly not fine weaves although I don't know if that's what you asked for.
Definitely go back, speak to the manager and ask for it to be put right. You shouldn't be charged as it's their mistake.
When is your other hairdresser due back from her holidays?
If you went to a different salon, you'd have to pay to get it put right.

Next time book your next appointment with your usual hairdresser when you pay your bill. Then you will know when she's due to go on holiday and you won't need to chance it with someone else.

Yeah that's awful go back and complain, you should get what you pay for!

I feel when it's £100 that's a lot of money to pay and not get what you wanted. I would go back and have a chat but obviously not make it personal.

I had this situation with my hairdressers. I phoned them the next day and just said I got home and gave it a style and I was just really unhappy with the result, they booked me in asap and redone it for free. Its knocks your confidence however they do want return customers and to keep their rep up. Id ask if its possible to be booked back in for when your usual lady is back to correct it. Personally I think that is lazy work a good hair dressers keeps well stocked up on products so I dont believe they didnt have it. Dont leave it too late to contact them and let them know though, honestly it will be no bother to them and once they see what we can see in the pics they will definitely understand.

You have to go back to the salon. The stylist hasn't got anywhere near the root. Hilights are meant to look natural not great big chunks, unless the client asks for bread slices. Sometimes I think it's laziness and shows a lack of sloppiness and passion for the job. Don't feel bad going back as the stylist will learn from this bad workmanship

Thanks for your replys! You have made me feel less bad about going back haha x

Latest posts

Back