Happy or not clients !!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
Hiya, Just thought I'd ask if any of you get this, or its just me.

There are alot of things i didn't consider b4 doing nails, like clients and how different they can be. I have just finished a lady who was very posh, after i did her nails i asked if they where ok for her and she just said "yes there fine." i don't expect cartwheels or anything but then i ask myself if she even likes them. Most of my ladies are great and say things like "there lovely, thank you" or yes i am very pleased with them"...but just "Yes there fine". Do you think she hated them...? or am i just being silly.

Thanks guys xx

I'm sure they were beautiful hun and she is just and ignoramous, dont worry about it sometimes we can have off days and not say a lot she just may have had other things on her mind.
x

I had a lady like that when I was a hairdresser, you never felt she was pleased with what you had done for her. It was always.....its ok....or I suppose it will do etc etc. This used to get me down and I dreaded her coming in every Saturday. Then one day I realised that this woman had been coming to me for 3 years, so it couldn't have been that bad could it. And she kept on coming to me for the next 10 years until I left. Looking back in hindsight, I had 99% of my customers who were totally pleased with my service and this 1% who was not, yet she did not vote with her feet and leave, so I must have been doing something right.

Try to forget about the old misery and remember you are a brilliant nail tech and all your other customers love you.

I think some people have just had personality bypasses. It is usually the ones that you try the hardes to please that are the most despondent. Don't take it personally - there is just no pleasing some people.

I can cope with clients being miserable, not that many are - most seem happy to sit down for an hour or so and chill. What I really detest is when a cllient comes to have her nails done and doesn't have the decency to clean her nails. (I wouldn't dream of going to the dentist without brushing my teeth thoroughly beforehand.) I had a client last week whose nails were quite disgusting. She is quite a nice girl and always immaculate but her nails were such a contrast to the rest of her. I spent about 1hr cleaning rubbish from them, feelling sick in the process. I have told her before and I told her again politely that there's no point in her having her nails done if she is not going to look after them. She was all full of apologies again.

Next time she comes, I may refust to do her nails. I did think about charging her for the extra time spent but I don't think I went into the nail industry to be a cleaner.

Oh it is good to get that off my chest and share it with my fellow geeks. I'll keep you posted.

I know how you feel...I have a client who says, "Yes, they are nice!"

I was gutted when I first heard her say it, but have later found out that she never gets excited about anything, plus, she never stresses, either. Its just some people's nature. Every body is different!

If she doesn't come back, then you will know she doesn't like them!!...lol Don't worry, I go through it all the time with a new client. I ring them a couple of days after to see how they are getting on and check that there is no lifting. They seem to appreciate this extra care!

Hi Angie,

Can't really help you on the posh client side of things but ... some people just say fine as their way of approving. Before my dad died, I spent my life trying to please him as he was, I'd say, rather posh as well and I always got a "fine" from him when I would get a "brilliant" from my mother. No matter what I did he would always sound like my efforts were okay and no matter how much my mom tried to explain to me I didn't believe her.

Today if anyone says my efforts are fine I can tell the difference.

Sorry, if this was a personal but I understand how you feel my love and normally you can tell by a facial expression, was there one???? I wouldn't take it too heart though.

Hope this helps ... slightly :o

xxxx

If the client was well to do, she may well have a fair bit of cash (though she could be all fur coat with no knickers as my dad would say! :biggrin: ) Anyway the point is, if she is loaded she would be used to getting the best of everything, so the "yes there fine," was probably a major compliment from her :| :)

So Chill hun i bet you did a fabby job! :hug:

suey said:
Anyway the point is, if she is loaded she would be used to getting the best of everything, so the "yes there fine," was probably a major compliment from her :| :)

i'm loaded but i'm still polite and enthusiastic! Only kidding - about being loaded that is - i am always polite and enthusiastic lol!

I wouldn't worry about it - if every body were the same the world would be a very dull place. She didn't say she didn't like them, just perhaps didn't enthuse as much as other clients - that is obviously just the way she is.

i'm sure she'll be back and probably telling other people how fab you/your nails are.

NailNovice2 said:
I think some people have just had personality bypasses. It is usually the ones that you try the hardes to please that are the most despondent. Don't take it personally - there is just no pleasing some people.

pmsl ...this is so true. :biggrin:

Thanks to all for making me feel a bit better, i didnt mention will see her again tonight as i have to do her daughters nails (nail biter.. eek) its for a wedding 2moro. Do you think i should ask her again if she is happy with them or just leave it.
Its not cos i want loads of praiseor anything, it would really bother me if someone didnt like what i had done, i would rarther give there money back than them feel unhappy.

My mum used to say she knew if I liked things because I'd say "s'allright"! Some people are just less enthusiastic than others, simple as that. Doesn't mean she doesn't like them or appreciate what you did, just means she's not a gushing sort!!

We get it all the time, varies from almost peeing their pants they're so pleased and excited at having lovely nails, to being more laid back than Dylan from the Magic Roundabout. Don't take it personally, as long sa you were happy then I'm sure they were fine hun.

NailStyle said:
Do you think i should ask her again if she is happy with them or just leave it.

I think the best bet is just ask her if she has had any problems with her nails, if she doesnt say a lot don't worry you may even get "Yes their fine" as the others said she may be a lady of not many words
x

[ I have just finished a lady who was very posh,

See i wouldn't pass on any RIF RAFF clients too you now would i !!!!!1

If they turned out anything like mine babe she should be a very HAPPY BUNNY and if she didnt like them the daughters appointment would be cancelled wouldnt it !!

Re different clients i had one last night telling me all about their house in Chamonix and her recent trip to Florence....blah blah then i have the lady who's a cleaner !!

Its all money in the bank to me !!

Ambx

MINKUS said:
[ I have just finished a lady who was very posh,

See i wouldn't pass on any RIF RAFF clients too you now would i !!!!!1

If they turned out anything like mine babe she should be a very HAPPY BUNNY and if she didnt like them the daughters appointment would be cancelled wouldnt it !!

Re different clients i had one last night telling me all about their house in Chamonix and her recent trip to Florence....blah blah then i have the lady who's a cleaner !!

Its all money in the bank to me !!

Ambx

you crack me up...lol well i'd rarther have the riff raff thanks, xxx

...but don't you find the 'posh and loaded' ones leave a meesly tip if any, whereas the 'not so posh' show their appreciation a little more!

Tickled Pink! said:
...but don't you find the 'posh and loaded' ones leave a meesly tip if any, whereas the 'not so posh' show their appreciation a little more!

yeah i do now...lol

yes they do !!!!!!!!!!!!!

How d'ya think they got so rich !!!!!!!!!!!!

hiya all, just a update, did the daughters nails tonight at the mothers house, and different again, they where both lovely. the daughter was a nail biter and i was so proud of myself, i did a smashing job (even if i do say so myself). They gave me some champagne and both said they where very happy. maybe she was just nervous this morning ?

who said about fur coat and no knickers...you where right..normal house, normal life. nothing to worry about. so i was getting in a state over nowt...thanks for all your advise, once again you where right xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Angie, I'm so pleased for you that everything was ok.
I had similar last week, did my guinea-pig client for Fabric#, was scared shi*less about phoning her to check all was ok... when I did call her she was over the moon and promised me she would text or phone if she had a prob (I had Cheshire cat syndrome lol)..... 9 days later and no call (phew!!!) sometimes we get ourselves worked up over nothing, it seems a lot to us at the time but eventually it all works out alright.

xxx

Angie, I wouldnt ask her again. It might sound like your unsure and inconfident in your abilities. I would go in and say " what a great set of nails, must have been done by a true proffessional.let me have her number" and see if she has a sense of humour!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back