Has anyone been asked for brown lash extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy chick

Reaction score
Iv been a lash tech for 2 yrs and yesterday I did a ladies lashes that had come to me through recommendation.

I applied a half set of lashes and she was thrilled with them, and also booked in for her top up set in 3 weeks time....

Well this morning she calls me saying shes not happy that the lashes i used are black and that she never uses black mascara so feels a bit like a "clown". Well, after the initial shock of the so called complaint, i called her back and she said shes very happy with everything about them but the colour..

So my question is, do any of you lash tech's use brown lashes? If so, do you still use black lash glue?/ And where do you get these brown lashes from because Im not even sure Iv ever seen any??

Thanks guys xx

I have never used brown lashes, but i have seen them on either flirties, lash base or lash emporium i think. I have considered getting some for people with blonde lashes, as even when you tint them before, when their new lashes come through blonde i think brown would look better.
I think i would use a clear glue, as i have yet to see a brown glue. xx

does anyone else have any info for me please???

Think to be honest she is being a little anal. Personally only offer black as the point of eyelash extensions is to see eyelashes...not neccessarily glam just to see them. I use flirites glue as standard so if I started buying in brown lashes and clear glue for one client it would be quite a cost.

You can buy Brown Lashes from Lashbase, theyre pretty reasonable although I wouldnt be buying brown lashes in varying lengths just to keep one client :eek: The outlay wouldnt be worth it.

I had a client a while ago, I did a ful set of black lashes on her, keeping them natural, she didnt usually wear mascara. Through the grape vine I found out that she wasnt "sure" of them!!!!!!. This was 4 months ago!!!! She comes back every 3 weeks and has them done, after the initial shock, as she is a very "au naturale" lady she now loves them, and last night she wanted to go a bit longer!!!!!!

If I was using the brown lashes, which I think can look amazing dotted inbetween black ones, I would still be using the black glue, Im sorry, but seems like an awful lot of outlay for one client, who Im sure, will love her lashes once she has gotten over the initial shock.

As an aside, she may want to go shorter at the next infill, until she is confident with them.

Charge her more for brown lashes. Then she won't want them -evil face-

Sorry but it really is a big outlay for just 1 client. Would you rather lose this client and have 5 more that you don't have to spend more money on or keep her happy but be out of pocket in the process? Need to see whether she's worth the extra outlay x

Yeah I agree with whats been said above. I think if you start buying in these brown lashes for only her, and say you buy a clear glue which you may only use with her. Then your hardly using the glue and it goes beyond its shelf life and so on. It could definetly end up more of a loss for you. And then what if she decided she wants to change her length one time but you only have the length shes been currently having and so therefore need to go and buy some more, all the while everyone else is still happy with their black lashes.

So its really your choice as to what you want to do, maybe look at how much it will cost you and make a decision from there. Maybe you could let her know you have bought these is specially for her and you would need alot of notice if she wants to change the lenght or whatever? I am trained in lashes but dont do them so im not sure if you personally use 3 lengths in the one service or whatever so it could be costly. And what if you buy this stuff in and then she decides she doesnt want to have her las extensions anymore?

Theres alot to consider here and sorry I couldnt give you a definate answer but just some food for thought.

Think to be honest she is being a little anal. Personally only offer black as the point of eyelash extensions is to see eyelashes...not neccessarily glam just to see them. I use flirites glue as standard so if I started buying in brown lashes and clear glue for one client it would be quite a cost.

I dont think thats anal. If she has never worn black mascara then she may well feel that the look is a bit severe for her.

I did my aunts and i.had the same reaction. She loved them but asked do they come in brown x

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

Thats my personal opinion - we are all entitled

I know what your all saying, and im a soft touch i think because Iv gone and bought brown lashes from lashbase :eek:

Iv bought 3 sizes and clear glue in 5ml so the glue was a tad cheaper but Iv made it clear that I have only bought them in for her only and hope this will make her realise that I go that extra mile to keep my clients happy... So it will prob take a good few months of doing her lashes alone to re-coup that expense...

Hope shes happy!! :rolleyes:

Thanks guys xxx

Since you've bought them you could always ask any other clients (who have the same sizes) want them? That would mean it would be for more than 1 so hopefully not as much wastage with the glue etc x

I hope you don't mind my input, as I'm not trained in EE, and I know there is a debate as to whether posts are welcome from a clent perspective.
The idea of brown lashes actually appeals to me; I'd never thought of them, and have only had flicks before as I think a full black lash would not look right on me.
I think brown would be great for older clients or first-timers, and as you have them in maybe you could target potential clients for this? It might open up a whole new market.

I hope you don't mind my input, as I'm not trained in EE, and I know there is a debate as to whether posts are welcome from a clent perspective.
The idea of brown lashes actually appeals to me; I'd never thought of them, and have only had flicks before as I think a full black lash would not look right on me.
I think brown would be great for older clients or first-timers, and as you have them in maybe you could target potential clients for this? It might open up a whole new market.

Exactly. My aunt is 46 and i think thats why she asked for brown so they didnt look too severe on her. And i agree because looking at a few clients now i think its fair to say i may well suggest brown. At the end of the day i want all my clients happy. And looking good. I get a lot of my mums friends interested but wary. Eyelash extensions are not just to be seen. A lot of my clients just want to look as though they have mascara on. And if its brown mascara they wear then i totally think it could be an opening in the market.

Thats my personal opinion - we are all entitled

Thats why i put "i dont think" as thats my opinion. If you had a spray tan that was too dark for u but were happy with the coverage you wouldnt be considered anal. Imo. Id just think that it was something different, as a client that you needed :) x

I agree with the above, I am not trained in EE but have always considered having them done but I am put off by really dark lashes I would love brown ones or a mixture of both.

OP I think it's great you have gone that extra mile for a client and you may well use the brown lashes on another client if it was offered to them.

I think it's good to go that extra mile for your clients. I would have bought some brown ones too.
Even if you only end up doing that one client, she will sing your praises about how you went out of your way and may even book other treatments with you.
Can only be a good thing!

i think you did the right thing buying brown lashes for your client, as i said earlier i am considering buying them for blonde lashes people.
I dont think it is a massive outlay to buy a clear glue and 3 packs of lashes. if ever you use coloured lashes you can use the clear glue for them, and i think you will have more clients wanting brown lashes if they are fair xx

Actually I've stopped having lashes on because I feel they're too dark. I've got dark hair and lashes naturally but I don't wear mascara as a rule (or any other make up to speak of on a daily basis) so looking like I was only 'made up' on the eyes was a bit off putting.

I'd go for brown though, definitely.

Actually I've stopped having lashes on because I feel they're too dark. I've got dark hair and lashes naturally but I don't wear mascara as a rule (or any other make up to speak of on a daily basis) so looking like I was only 'made up' on the eyes was a bit off putting.

I'd go for brown though, definitely.

Thats what my aunt said. She said she felt she had her eyes 'done up' and it didnt match the rest of her x

I think it's good to go that extra mile for your clients. I would have bought some brown ones too.
Even if you only end up doing that one client, she will sing your praises about how you went out of your way and may even book other treatments with you.
Can only be a good thing!

So so true!

Latest posts

Back