Has anyone got their own web page?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nuttynikki

Reaction score
id like to set up my own web page and wondered if any of you can reccomend where to go? and can i see yours?
thanks!
nikki xx

nuttynikki said:
id like to set up my own web page and wondered if any of you can reccomend where to go? and can i see yours?
thanks!
nikki xx

hi nikki
if you go to www.thenaildirectory.com at the bottom of the page is about websites. if you have any problems im sure seanny will help you out. the webpages are free too.
i built my website using microsoft frontpage, if you wanna have a look the link is below

thankyou, i shall take a look!!

xx

Hi Nikki, if you click on peoples names in the top left, it then enables you to see peoples web site if they have one. But definetely do as Glynis says and see Seanny....he's the man :cool:

nuttynikki said:
thanks!
nikki xx
If you take a look at the bottom of some of the posts, some of the geeks with websites will have their name there which is underlined, if you click on it you can take a peek.
I did mine with Freewebs.com and you can start completely free but Seanny is the best one to advise you on getting started (if he don`t baffle you with science) sorry Seanny but you lost me months back, lol. I don`t dye my hair blonde for nothing!

Hi Nikki, it all depends on what kind of website you're looking for, a one or two page site, or a more comprehensive one. Are you looking for a free site, or are you willing to splash out some dosh, and if so, how much are you willing to part with? Either way, I'll be happy to advise you. I know quite a few of the guys in here have signed up with http://www.oneandone.co.uk and so far I havent heard any complaints from them. The Nail Directory and Liberty Nail Design have been hosted with them for some time and we've no complaints whatsoever. It costs about £60 for the year and you get a whole heap of goodies for that. If you'd like more info, just say.

Alternatively, you can sign up with a free provider like Freewebs or Tripod. They both offer free website creators, but because it's a free service you are restricted somewhat as to what you can do with it. You may also be subject to ads and popups with you having no control over same.

In the meantime while you're making up your mind, you can always avail of a mini web-page ( Thanks Glynis for the mention. :D ) in The Nail Directory. You can list your details along with some nail pics until you're ready to go ahead with your own website.

Debs, I've given you over 2 months to figure it out, c'mon now.... :biggrin:

Suey, how come I dont see your weblink in your signature? Grrrrr I'll check back in here again soon, hopefully you'll have sorted it out. Muchos Importantos!!

hi seanny, thanks for ur advice. im willing to spend money but idealy no more than £70! any advice on this i would appreciate as i wouldnt have a clue where to start!

xx
ps if i dont reply back tonight pm me as im having an early one! cheers

Hi Nikki, if you're willing to spend £70 I'd have no hesitation in recommending www.oneandone.co.uk Like I say, we've been using them for some time without any hiccups. Cost is £4.99 +VAT per month (paid yearly) You'll get your own domain name for that, plus lots of webspace, website creator, email addresses, website tools, anti-virus and anti-spam, in fact way too much to list here. If getting into the Search Engine results such as Google, Yahoo, MSN etc is important to you, and it should be, you'll be pleased to know that the websites that are created are reasonably search engine friendly, I know that this may not seem important to you starting out, but believe me, it's much easier to do things the right way at the start, rather than have to change your site completely a few months down the road.

If you'd like a complete list of what's available, PM me and I'll sort one out for you. Better still, why not just visit the site. You can try the website creator without even signing up. In my opinion, you'll be hard pushed to beat this anywhere else.

Have a chat with Carol from 'Inspirations'. She created her site herself using the website creator. I'm sure she'll be happy to offer her opinion or indeed any of the other guys in here who are with oneandone.

'Suey, how come I dont see your weblink in your signature? Grrrrr I'll check back in here again soon, hopefully you'll have sorted it out. Muchos Importantos!!'

:Scared: okay it's done Seanny, lol! Thank you!

*hee hee* No need to be scared Sue, I'm harmless. :D

I have just set had a web site set up and he is fantastic at web designing, take a look and tell me what you think!!!

Amanda

Seanny said:
Debs, I've given you over 2 months to figure it out, c'mon now.... :biggrin:

Sorry Seanny, its simply waaaaaaaaay to technical for me :o

Debs said:
Sorry Seanny, its simply waaaaaaaaay to technical for me :o

Y'see what i have to put up with???? He's SUCH a bully!!!!! :wink2:

JackieMc said:
Y'see what i have to put up with???? He's SUCH a bully!!!!! :wink2:

You love it really, go on get the whip out jackie
lol
x

I used the one and one website to create my website. I used the website creator and it was really easy to use. I would def. recommend them.

At the end of the day Nikki it is all about what YOU want, the template sites ar all well and good but after a while you find everyone who has the used this sort of thing all their sites look the same as they have used the same template. If you are after something more individual/unusual then you need to do it yourself or get someone to do it but as everyone keeps saying it is all down to what you what to spend and what you are hoping to get out of it.

My hubby did mine using publisher (I think) lol, Seanny knows I dont have a clue about websites!! but I think it looks lovely and to register my domain name cost me £17 for 2 years! I dont know if you have to be really computer literate to design one yourself but I was more than happy with mine and it seems like a bargain compared to £70!

Anyway, I would more than recommend Seanny. He has been really helpful to me in getting my site found by the search engines etc and I know a lot of other geeks have benefited from his knowledge too! best of all he does it because he wants to help not for a profit ~ thanks again Seanny xx

Aspirations said:
best of all he does it because he wants to help not for a profit ~ thanks again Seanny xx

hiya
Also like me i aint got a clue about web sites or computers but Techgeek has helped me loads, he has spent every spare minute he has designing my web site, its something he really enjoys, like i enjoy nails.................he has also designed one for his wife which is www.pontandcas-slimming-world.co.uk we are getting loads of hits from search engines which is fab!!! It hasnt cost alot really it was just the time thing really.

Has his wife says she is a comp widow LOL

Amanda

thanx all for ur advice, seanny has reccomended a site which i am going to take a look at!

xx

Thanks for the kind words Sherrie :hug: (the cheque's in the post)

Nikki, any probs or questions, feel free to post them here. I'm sure someone will have come across it already and most likely will have the answer for you.

Jackie, how many times have I told you... I AM NOT A BULLY!! FACT! Any more lip, and it's out with the whip :wink2: (cheers 4 the reminder Lucia)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back