Has anyone used eyelets?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoticeableNails

Glitter Geek!
Reaction score
Hi everyone, happy weekend!

I was looking through some craft sites for inspirations and came across eyelets!
They are used in card making and I was wondering if anyone has used them for nail art?
I think they would look cool for people who like nail charms, as you could create the hole with the eyelet.
What I was wondering about really was how big they were? how big the hole is? and the depth once opened?

This is what got me thinking:

I found them on QVC, they look like daisies when they are applied.
Let me know any thoughts you fellow geeks have!

Hi Jo!

Good idea very creative!

However i am not to sure of the size or diameter's of these?
The best bet might be to go and look in your local Haberdasher's as they have a hole load of amazing bits and bobs you could experiment with?

I suppose you have to be very imaginative , but i am sure you are and will enjoy looking?

I just love anything like that(i have used sequin's, and all the different shape you can sew an fabric's before now)

Worth a look at, do you think?

I know you can get an eylet gun to press these together too!

Mad i know but heeeeeeeey you never know till you try?

Luv 'n' hugs
xxxxxxxx

Hi, I do a bit of card making at home and use eyelets on my cards. The ones i use have about a 2mm hole in the middle and are roughly about 4mm across. These are fixed by creating a hole first using a specific punch, then the top of the eyelet is inserted into the hole, the back applied and hammered into the front (sorry this makes no sense!!) But anyway I guess this is unsuitable for nails. And these would most likely be too big. You can get smaller ones which would b an ideal size but again work with hammer... so not that good. You can get things called Snaps which are a similar thing but the back snaps into the front with out need for hammer. However i am unsure what the thickness of material it needs to be fixed too & whether they come in tiny size. I guess it would be hard to punch a hole through the nail, as it needs to be a circular hole, not just a punch through, ie for nail charms..

I think Rosebud is right ... eyelets would be far too big, bulky, problematic to work with.
I have used little gold jump rings myself ... these are the rings that hold clasps to chains in jewellery-making.
I think these can look really effective.
Hth.

hi
ive used a hand punch thing for doing french twist nails b4 as shown to me by Mr B ;)

heres a piccy of me having a play

i also used shaped scissors to get the wiggles....lol

is this what you are meaning??

Jess
xox

Attachments

• Photo-0041.jpg
    Photo-0041.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 55

Latest posts

Back