hasnt a clue about creative

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
hi all

i had to share this.

i was at a friends house the other night with some of the lasses and the discussion got on about nails......... well this friend of mine decided to "slate" creative by saying that she thought it was crap. (i think not) when i asked her if she had used it (knowing damm well she hadnt) she obviously said no. she said she preferred opi as that doesnt lift (arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhh) what is she on about. creative doesnt lift i told her (and so can my other 50 clients) but she reckons it does.
so here is the question (geeg) how do i tell her its her nails that is the problem and NOT CREATIVE PRODUCTS. without her being adamant it does. i got quite abusive with her and told her to p*** off to her old tech that used opi (she actually uses star nails in opi pots) as my friend told me

by the way - this friend (client) passed her nvq in june and hasnt done a set of nails since then - i said to her (and i know some of you will be saying - god shes a big head - (meaning me) when she knows more than me about nails then she can critisize but until then - do as you are told (advised). she is one of those friends that thinks she knows more than me......its like me thinking i know more that gigi (not) but i think you all get my drift

what i need to know is how do i NOT do her nails without any more offence

geeg its over to you (hahah)

Well such ignorance is laughable really isn't it?

Such a stupid statement to make regarding nail products that have the highest profile in the industry world wide. The most successful and respected nail company in the world with the longest history in business (25 years +) and all that from selling products that DON?T work? amazing!!

I used OPI and trained using OPI (If you could call it training - speaking of my trainer not OPI) and used it in my chain of 3 salons for quite a few years. I didn't have problems with lifting, but the serious dehydration of the natural nails on removing the product and the stress lines in the nail plates that were visible after removal on every client were the things that made me look for a better line. It really embarrassed me to see this damage when I knew that I had not been the cause of it.

Maintaining the health of the natural nail has always been my focus on my enhancement clients. As you know, Creative PREP is minimal but thorough ... no over dehydration and no over filing, just good clean preparation of the plate. With Creative product chemistry and Creative application techniques there is no need to be more aggressive to the nail plate.

Creative's focus on the natural nail is so different to the approach of other companies, that this is why technicians need to train with CND to learn the correct techniques for using CND products - this is why we insist on CND training so that technicians will be successful using the products. Doesn't that make perfect sense?

Those who think they know it all already, or are just plain too stubborn to do what is required to use the products, are the ones who just love to 'bad mouth'. We have broad shoulders. Our record of achievements in this industry speaks for me and speaks for CND. Need I say more?

I quite agree with geeg, but i would also like to say that i have used different products over the years and at the end of the day i find that you need to do the proper preperation to the nail before applying the products, to limit the lifting. I also think if your friend doesn't like what your doing then I agree with you she should pee off ,(hee hee) you do not need that kind of c**p. NOT VERY PROFESSIONAL TO BAD MOUTH ANY COMPANYS....

Glynis i think you are just fully booked when she asks and pass her onto someone else, that way you dont have to listen to her rubbish (which we all know it is), fortunately you are educated and she isnt especially if she is putting another supplier in her OPI pots which I am sure OPi wouldnt encourage either. You get people in this world who think they now everything after a short course and dont realise that how much there is too learn about nails. Don't worry yourself about her, you know what your doing and that you are using a decent product with proper training, let her live in her dream world.

take care hun

Lucia
x

Peter Pan said:
well this friend of mine decided to "slate" creative by saying that she thought it was crap. (i think not) when i asked her if she had used it (knowing damm well she hadnt) she obviously said no.
by the way - this friend (client) passed her nvq in june and hasnt done a set of nails since then

what i need to know is how do i NOT do her nails without any more offence
Sorry,

I'm Confused. You do her nails and use Creative products, but she doesn't use them on her clients as she thinks they are crap?

Why do you need to tactfully tell her you don't want her as a client? If the products you use are as crap as she says she won't be returning anyway.
If she does return to you she will only be proving to herself (we already know) that she's talking out of her arse! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Bryony said:
Sorry,

I'm Confused. You do her nails and use Creative products, but she doesn't use them on her clients as she thinks they are crap?

Why do you need to tactfully tell her you don't want her as a client? If the products you use are as crap as she says she won't be returning anyway.
If she does return to you she will only be proving to herself (we already know) that she's talking out of her arse! :biggrin: :biggrin:

i do her nails with creative products, SHE doesnt do any clients since passing her course at college in june. and she uses opi on the few she has done (about 3).

LOL Glynis bless ya................
Do her nails lift when you do them ?????
I dont think so............. so as they say the proof of the pudding......... no the proof of the product is in the product and it's application.............

But tell her, that if she loves her stuff so much and doesn't reckon yours is any good, maybe she should do her own nails.......it will give her some practice.....

She sounds like a back seat driver or back seat Technician...............so unless she drives this product herself, she should either try it or shut it lol...............
LOL bless her cotton socks xxxx

hi ruth - her nails only lift when i do them with the help of her damm teeth. shes one of those that is contantly biting, picking and doing all she can to MAKE them lift. i actually watched her (and so did another friend of mine who hasnt had any bother what so ever with her nails) chew, pick, bite etc at her nails then has the bloody cheek to say "look - there goes another one" HOW DARE SHE ACCUSE ME AND MY PRODUCTS, AND MY APPLICATION!!!!!

maybe she should get abit more education under her belt and actually try the best product in the world BEFORE she moans eh

Hi l a had a similar thing, my friend came around to have her nails done by me, b4 she came a friend of hers said to her "oh l only like creative on my nails thats the best" (l use star at the mo, l'm guessing she did'nt approve of star?) l agreed with her and said to my friend "yeah they are the best where does your mate go" thinking that she went to the local CND nail bar, and she said "oh no she goes to the chinese place in town (nss)!! well l burst out laughing, l know star is not the best but its a 100% better than nss products!!! xx

Latest posts

Back