HD Brows

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oasis

Nail Mad
Reaction score
Hi All.
I'm looking for a bit of advice. I was thinking about training with HD Brows as it seems really popular, before making the decision I decided to go to a local salon to get them done on myself to see what it's like
Anyway, the lady was very nice but when I came out my eyebrows were huge, square and very black, -I'm blonde and pale skinned. They looked terrible, I found the salon on the HD salon finder so I know it's genuine but I went straight home and washed all the make up and ttint off.
My question is has anyone else had this happen? It's totally put me off doing the course but not sure if I was just unlucky.
Also is HD still popular? I don't hear so much about it lately?
Xx

I trained in HD Brows about 3 months ago and i absolutely love it!
It sounds to me like the therapist you went to just did her own thing instead of consulting with you.
On training you are taught to consult with your client before the treatment, discussing shapes, colours, asking them if they have any pictures or ideas that you can pull from. This should all be done before you even touch your clients brows to ensure you know exactly what your client is looking for and that they leave happy!

The HD training is fab, the trainers are hilarious and it's a really fun two day training course!

It's also my favourite treatment to do now!

I hope this helps :)

x

I had my training and did many clients daily. But now they have realised it's just make up and nothing else. You can have same results with normal tint thread wax apart from few products they use (squeaky clean, comfort me ) .. and measuring of brows so you pay basically more for that .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Similar experience to you Oasis, although I'm dark. Lovely therapist, however, I really didn't like the finished look. I can do the makeup myself and am not a fan of the Scouse-Brow that she gave me.

I trained in Marvel Brow at my local Capotal hair and beauty and I loved it. its also very popular Very similar if not rhe exact same as HD

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1421523813315.jpg
    1421523813315.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 331
  • 1421523836171.jpg
    1421523836171.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 311
  • 1421523867754.jpg
    1421523867754.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 325
I'm glad I trained in hd as the brand sells itself. However I could get the same result without using their kit.
I find customer service absolutely dire. I get no responses from emails and it took 7 weeks to get my certificate.
But on the whole, glad I did it as it does sell itself and bring in money x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi ladies, I'm thinking about training in eyebrows but tbh messing with them really scares me! I have a lot of hair customers look at me daft when I say no to sorting their eyebrows out, their confused that I can do nails but not brows lol, my question is what's the best place to train (my obvious choice would have been hd? ) and how long does it take to be confident? I'm super confident in everything I try BUT eyebrows. I'd like to be able to shape, wax & tint

If yous don't mind me asking how much is the HD eye brow course? I've just looked on their website but can't see a price x

Its nice to see some HD brow artists being honest about the training. Its a lot of money to spend on training.

I'm going to train in hd brows in two weeks I can't wait!! Iv had no previous experience with eyebrows at all so hoping to pick it up ok! Nervous but so excited!! Xx

I think it was a great course and you make your money back easy!! But the stylist should Of gave you a consultation, its suppose to be tailored to each person. Try someone else if you have anyone else locally xx

Hi can anyone give me a run down on what happens in the two day course? E.g do you have a test? When are you let loose on clients? Haha. Thanks. Xx

I did a one day course in GW Beautiful Brows and it is basically the same.
It was all about the practical and perfecting the technique with assessments during the course of the day.

There is about 7 steps to follow to achieve the whole look of the HD brow but yes, consultations are very important as it still needs to look good on the client.

They recommend case studies so that you can get into the routine of consultations, using cards and seeing the end product, I also added pictures and it helps as you can see how your confidence grows including your technique.

As soon as you get your certificate you are ready to be let loose on the public but it is always a good idea to have a few practice sessions on friends and family.

:)

Best thing I ever did was train with hd brows!! Good luck whatever you decide!!

Thanks girlies. I'm booked in the course at the end of the month. Nervous and excited. 😁😃 xx

Latest posts

Back