Help-Bayalage gone wrong

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mariaft

Reaction score
Well I decided after many considerations to get my hair coloured last friday for the first time after seeing plenty of beautiful pictures on instagram with girls having the most perfect balayage.. So I went to the hairdresser and showed her some pictures of what I had in mind. I wanted to keep my own natural haircolor in my roots so it wouldnt be that hard to maintain.

And so it began. She started colouring my hair and I sat there for 3 hours waiting for the result.. When she was done and showed me the hair, I could see it was alot brighter than I imagined and some how yellow. Which I of course told her. She then told me just to use some silver shampoo if I wanted a brighter look and get rid of the "golden" tone as she said.. I left the salon and was very unhappy about the colour which didnt looked natural on me at all.
When I got home I looked in the mirror and saw some spots and that my hair wasnt blended at all, which I thought was the purpose of balayage..
I could almost cry! And I dont get why my hairdresser didnt say anything.

So I decided to go back to the salon to fix my hair by another hairdresser of course! I wouldnt trust her again.
The new one told me the only way she could fix it was by adding some highlights to make a more natural blend and so she did...

Now it looks like im almost blond with a yellow shade and it doesn't fit my skintone at all. It looks horrible..

You can see the transformation in the two first pictures and it's definitely better than the first one but I just want to go back to my natural hair color.

So my question is if its possible to dye it more like the third picture, which looks almost like my own hair color?

Attachments

• D22B51DA-5599-4E27-9762-8906F5758E0C.jpg
    D22B51DA-5599-4E27-9762-8906F5758E0C.jpg
    587.1 KB · Views: 200
Second pic looks nice, try curling it see what u think balayage looks better when curled anyway

Please don't be tempted to use a box dye. You've had two lots of bleach applied so you need to be careful not to compromise the condition. The second picture looks ok but maybe consider returning and asking her to put a semi over the blonde areas to tone it down a little bit more.

Also, use a good quality shampoo and conditioner otherwise you'll strip the colour and it will just look cheap.

Ah bless you , you have a right to be disappointed , the second looks ok blend wise arbeit very yellow . That should be easy to tone down using a semi permanent , go back and show them the 3rd pic

Latest posts

Back