Help extensionist, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tantastic86

Reaction score
I had a prebond fitting today, everything went as it should. I'd previously had a hair consultation with the client a week ago,no contra indicators etc.

She has just texted asking if it is normal for her head is really sore and the hair feels to heavy.

She only has 120 bonds in as she doesn't have thick hair. None are too close to the scalp.

She said she can't lay down on a pillow??

I've offered to look at them tomorrow, explained their is a settling in period for her head to get used to them.
I've also said that if she feels they are too heavy to get them cut at her stylist?

I'm at a loss really :(

But this has ruined my night xx

What would you suggest??

Some ppl are more tender headed than others, don't worry, just explain she's had a few hours of sum1 pullin on her hair and then the additional weight of hair added to her scalp that she is not used to, it takes a few days to get used to/comfortable with them, if after a week she's still complaining then I would have a look at them x

This is normal for some people! I'm very sensitive and it kills for me to lie on the pillow, and lasts a good couple of days. A have a few clients who are the same and then others who don't find it remotely uncomfortable!

Thanks for the quick reply. I just feel awful, I thought they looked absolutely lovely.

The one thing I didn't do was a stand test in her hair as I didn't have any blonde prebond hair at the hair consult. Kicking myself now xx

I really wouldn't worry, sum ppl expect to have all this done, new hair fitted, takin a few hours and expect their scalp to feel 100% fine! I'm sensitive when it comes to my scalp, everything irritates it but if I'm having a full head colour/extensions I expect to feel a little uncomfortable, no pain no gain 😊x

Thanks. It's just awful getting texts, I start to question myself and think the worst all the time. Arrrrrggggghhhh indeed. I've offered to have a look tomorrow, but I think she's working just now night shift.

What would I do if she hated them, just remove? I can't afford to refund the hair xx

I really wouldn't worry. It's normal for them to feel heavy and feel like your lying on a bed of nails! Lol but after the first night it gets better. Tell her to just give it a few days, I'm sure she will be fine x

I wouldn't refund as you have done nothin wrong, after a few nites she will be fine :) don't panic :) x

Thanks girls. I just have zero confidence even though I know I've done a good job ( lifelong problem) will have a wine and try n relax a little.

Who said our life's were easier self employed? Lol

Haha ooooh its definatly not easier!! But as u say have urself some wine and forget about it!! Ur works fine, it's the client that's the problem not what U have done :) x

This is something I warn the client about during consultation. Maybe something to consider moving forward so they are prepared!

Maybe she's just worried as she hadn't expected it. Ensure her it's perfectly normal and if it's not settled down by 2-3 nights to call in with you.

Also warn her that her first hair wash may be a little uncomfortable too! When they get wet they are a lot heavier!! But I find after the first wash they become a lot more comfortable :)

I have some clients that can't lay on a pillow for up to 3 nights. Some that it doesn't bother at all.
I always warn them then that it could be painful and take up to a week to settle.
Don't worry hun I'm sure they will be fine :)
Relax and enjoy your wine 🍷x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Wow ladies thanks for such great support, as anew business I think I just panic whenever anyone has a problem, as in the boss, so no one else to turn to! Lol!

She hasn't replied, but I remember with my own prebonds, I didn't sleep properly for a week!

No matter how much I say all the pointers ie no swimming,how to pleT hair at night clients still do random things that cause massive problems x

Wow ladies thanks for such great support, as anew business I think I just panic whenever anyone has a problem, as in the boss, so no one else to turn to! Lol!

She hasn't replied, but I remember with my own prebonds, I didn't sleep properly for a week!

No matter how much I say all the pointers ie no swimming,how to pleT hair at night clients still do random things that cause massive problems x

Maybe she's sound asleep 🙈🙊🙊 and I'm still a panicer and I'm not really classed as a new business anymore, still feel like it sometimes!
I agree with all the other advice and remember to believe in yourself and your skills!!

Xxx

Last edited:
I hadn't heard anything, so texted the client tonight. She said that she had to go to a hairdresser and get them cut up a bit, and the hairdresser could see them ripping hair out?!?
I literally only used 115 strands as her hair was thin, but very strong( naturally curly, slightly coarse) she said they are fine now but what on earth do I reply?

This has put me off doing another head of extensions!

Xx

Probably from the hairdresser yanking them

Lol, honestly, I've thought of this all blinkin weekend!

X

Last edited:
Ok a week later and she would like them removed :(

Did she say they are still hurting? X

Ok a week later and she would like them removed :(

I've read the whole post and as other have said your not the problem the client is .
My sister was the same she just didn't get on with them she has a tender scalp , at least you will be able to talk to the client face to face when removing them hope your not to stressed about it still Xxx

Latest posts

Back