Help from Biosculpture Geeks, please...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADiva1

Reaction score
Hey guys
I wonder if anyone can help.
I had my first customer at home last Saturday when I did a french 1 and clear gel overlay; and topcoat to finish.

I applied three coats of clear gel on her natural nails, together with three thin coats of french white on her free edge.

The lady has just confirmed that 3 of her nails have began to peel. Does this sound as if I am applying the gel too thinly?

My colour gel application is ok, but I seem to be getting a bit of peeling after a week with my clear gels.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Hi Ange

When doing a clear french, I do 1 layer clear, cure, then apply the smile with white (2 thin applications), cure, then do 2 more clear layers, so 3 layers in total.

Also, when applying the white smile, be sure to taper the edge so it's not too thick.

I have also found with Bio that you need to get the application balance just right, which takes a lot of practice, ie. not too thick and not too thin.

I have to agree with you though, colour gels seem to work better than the clear for some reason.

PS: I have yet to try the sealer gel - perhaps this is stronger and less likely to peel than the clear.

Karen

Thanks for that.... I'll have a good go at it on myself this afternoon. ...so that I can correct my lady's nails properly.

I have yet to see her nails - you never know, it might be just her topcoat that needs redoing!

I heard the sealer gel is wicked over colour overlays.

xx

ADiva1 said:
I heard the sealer gel is wicked over colour overlays.

Thanks for that Ange - may give it a go, but will ask for a demo at ExCel first !

Yes, maybe it's just her top coat that's peeling.

Karen

Good idea about trying before you buy at the Biosculpture stand at Excel!

Ok, just had a look at my lady's nails. The smile line on her left index finger came off completely and her thumbs are peeling from the free edge.

So I did'nt cap my free edges right?

Hi

I use the sealer gel and its nice. Its kind of greeny/blue in the tub and you apply it straight over your colours with out wiping. Definitely keeps them brighter.

As for peeling you shouldn't be getting it.

make sure your prep is good and that your sterilizer is thoroughly dry before apply your first layer of gel.
there should be no need for 3 layers of white 2 is plenty or they will look far too bulbous. I do 1 layer of clear then white then clear then i check it and if need i apply another but mostly i leave it at the 2 layers sometimes depending on the strength of the natural nail i will apply another.

i only use one layer of white personally and i never get any peeling. you must do 2 nails at a time as bio is a porous runny gel it does have a tendency to shrink back otherwise.

When you have been working with it for a long time you can do 4 nails but when you first start its best to do 2 at a time

HTH

ADiva1 said:
Ok, just had a look at my lady's nails. The smile line on her left index finger came off completely and her thumbs are peeling from the free edge.
So I did'nt cap my free edges right?

Yes Ange. You must cap the free edge.

By the way, don't think you can buy anything at the Bio stand at Excel, just place orders in the usual way. They have a special offer though: if you buy two of their new gel colours, you receive two matching varnishes and a gel brush for free.

Little Angel: Do you still apply a top coat when using the sealer gel?

Hi Karen

yes we use cnd super shiney though. we find it keeps the french much better and it dosnt go thick like the biosculpture one. the clients seem to prefer it loads more.

Little Angel said:
yes we use cnd super shiney though. we find it keeps the french much better and it dosnt go thick like the biosculpture one. the clients seem to prefer it loads more.

Thanks for that tip Tracy.

Thanks for all your help on this one guys! xx

If the white gel is applied too thick, it does not cure properly and will peel as there is still wet gel. With my french, i apply one layer of white gel, about 1mm thick. It must be cured for the full 2 minutes.....even 2 and a half to be sure.

Make sure all steraliser is evaporated before applying the gel. I find that the clear gel also needs to be about 1mm thick. If it is to thin, it will peel.

Funny you are having trouble with clear gel lifting and not colour as i am having the opposite problem. I must be applying the colour too thick!

Cheers,
Bec xxoo

\PS. also make sure your client is sitting their hand inside the light box correctly, especally with the thumbs.(ic, not on a lean) I sometimes lean over and check!!

PS: It may be fact or it may be fiction, but I've heard that if you use Clarins products as part of your cleansing routine, the chemicals in them interfere with Bio gels, causing them to lift.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has heard of this?

I went to replace the gel that was peeling on 3 of my client's fingers on Saturday and I asked her to talk me through her daily routine. She confessed to not using gloves whilst doing her daily chores, using her nails as tools and picking! I gave her another aftercare leaflet and talked her through the dos and don'ts again. I hope that would help and there won't be any problems.

I will try to apply my white a bit thinner too!

Thanks again chaps.

Latest posts

Back