Help! Gel on my clothes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riley2600

Reaction score
I'm a newly certified nail tech, and I managed to get some gel on my clothes today. This hasn't happened before! Does it just wash out normally? Or are there any tips and tricks to help get it out? I'm nervous to just throw my shirt in the wash with the gel on it. I want to know if it's safe to just wash it as is, or do I need to apply something to help get it out! It hasn't cured for the record. It's still gooey.

Bump! I want to know too! Bump!

I've gotten gel polish on my shirt once and it didn't come out but it was colored so I don't know about clear.

Could you not cure it so its hard, then bend the cloth n peel it off?

Could you not cure it so its hard, then bend the cloth n peel it off?

My last tunic I used to wear was white and over time I got spots of coloured gel on it from brushes, so I got a coloured tunic which I wear now and it doesn't notice if I've put spots of gel on it. Like to know if your idea works waxcetera !

I have managed to get gel on my tunic and its always washed out. My tunic is charcoal/grey. Hope this helps xx

I got gel polish on one of my shirts that didn't wash out. I just took acetone to it, blotting the stain till it disappeared and then rewashed it. The acetone took it it completely.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

You could always do a test on an old shirt with the same material mix

Put some gel spots on in different places & try different ways first.

Latest posts

Back