Help Gels breaking!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louise732

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Hopefully you can help??!
I completed the Brisa gel course at Creative in October and have done a few sets of overlays and tips, but they seem to be breaking REALLY easily! I don't know what I'm doing wrong? I don't get this problem with liquid and powder.

I have just had a lady book in for a gels over natural nails next week and i'm a bit scared of them breaking or peeling off!!(like one of my clients said they apparently have before?!)

Could it be I am not building up the stress area enough?
I really enjoyed my gel course and i really want to get this right!
Any advice would be great!!

Lou xxxxxxx:irked:

Hi Lou,
Make sure that you are applying enough Gel over the Nail, Some techs tend to not put a thick enough layer on.

try building your stress area a little stronger, it could just be that you're not using enough gel, it's difficult to gauge sometimes as clients nailbeds vary in size so we have to adapt the amount of gel used. I ended up using too much on one client last week because I applied the 'normal' amount of gel (on smaller nails) and didn't realise until it was too late

you shouldn't get any breakages with a NNO, just remember to cap the free edge the same as you would with tip and overlay.

thanks guys,

i will try using more gel, i have been quite careful with the amounts because i didn't want them to look too thick!?

they shouldn't look thick if you 'feather' the gel out as you move towards the free edge from the apex, and the same going towards the cuticle area.

ok, i'll give it a go, thanks for your help

Lou xxxx:smack:

Latest posts

Back