Help please-hair brassiness!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mariesbeautyhut

Reaction score
I have had my hair coloured today. Dark brown base with honey highlights. The honey highlights are not even. Some are almost blonde some are golden and some are a burnt orange. Overall I think it looks messy.

Today they did the following..

Bleach bath, highlights, then base colour (5.1) then a toner (8.1) for 5 minutes.

My hair history is red for many years, then dyed black about 3 months ago, then dyed choc brown as red was coming through.

Can u please advise how I can get rid of the uneven highlights. She told me to use pro-voke silver shampoo. Which hasn't done anything.

Anything I can do to even it or should I just buy an all over brown and dye myself?

Thanks for any help. Feeling upset! xx

If pictures will help I'll upload some. Thanks x x x

Hiya, we cant give you any colouring advise to non professionals and please don't put another box colour on it.

Its hard to picture what its like without seeing it? Or how you want it?

Id imagine all that colour (black and red) was still in there and when they've lifted it, its come through.
A strand test should have been taken to ensure a nice colour that you and your hairdresser agreed on.
Did they warn you it wouldn't be perfect due to all the old colour underneath?
Have you told them you're still not happy with it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I did actually delete and repost in consumer once I realised I was in hair. She said it may not be the colour i wanted but it was only at the end she said about orangey ness. No no strand test was done?

I said the only thing I'm not happy about Is the colour is uneven on the highlights. That's when she said about the silver shampoo and said on the next appointment it shouldn't be as orange.
Will post some pictures and attach it to the consumer thread if that's ok.

Thanks for ur reply!

Thanks. I did actually delete and repost in consumer once I realised I was in hair. She said it may not be the colour i wanted but it was only at the end she said about orangey ness. No no strand test was done?

I said the only thing I'm not happy about Is the colour is uneven on the highlights. That's when she said about the silver shampoo and said on the next appointment it shouldn't be as orange.
Will post some pictures and attach it to the consumer thread if that's ok.

Thanks for ur reply!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379952309.190777.jpg

Is return and get the roots toned to match ends. The mid length colour looks pretty good to me so just ask them to tone it to that.

And they said silver shampoo would even it out!?
I'd do as above has said ^^^ go back! X

Thank you both! I will go back. I've booked an appointment for Wednesday. x

That doesn't look blonde at all it looks orange with some blonde tones. The blonde tones are nice. I'm not a professional just a hair geek lol but if I was you I'd go back and explain you want the blonder tones not the orange and that silver shampoo did nothing. It's weird how some have lifted more than others. Good luck xx

I know it's very weird isn't it?! I do prefer the blonde tones but just unhappy with it all being different colours. I'm there tomorrow getting it rectified so will post the outcome. Just so u can see. Thanks x x

The reason it's looks blonder at the roots and much warmer on the ends is because you have a build up of colour on the ends and the bleach has more build up to get through. It has taken quicker on the roots and slower on the ends. Hopefully they will rectify it for you but I can't believe they let you leave like that! I wouldn't let a client walk out with hair like that! Let us know how you get on x

Hi, thanks. That actually makes sense. I'm not really sure what I need to be asking for tomorrow to be honest. I wanted a medium brown colour with highlights like honey or caramel. Thing is obviously I'm not sure exactly what to say tomorrow to them. I'm tempted to say to just put an all over colour brown. Can u advise anything please? xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1380058963.173170.jpg

This is what I really want!

I would say the say as kimi has suggested, ask them to tone the roots (blonde roots) to the same as the ends. So it will look much more even. Did they do a strand test? X

Thanks. No they never did a strand test. I will def be asking why they never did it in the first place!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1380137922.431245.jpg

Much better! :o)

Latest posts

Back