Help required please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FEEBYBOOFAY

Reaction score
Hi there

I placed some French tips on a client the other day and she has stated that two have lifted off. I wondered when I go back to her, should I take them off completely and start again or file down as if doing a refill? I think perhaps I didn't place too much acrylic on the Apex/smile line as I should have which may have caused the weakening? what do you guys think?

it really depends on where the lifting is. If its just around the edges in zones 2 and 3 then you may be able to file it as if doing a rebalance. Make sure than your prep is really good to prevent further lifting

lifting could also be down to soft tissue contact.
I don't use white tips so can't be of any help on that score.. do you use L+P? if so then you should be able to replace the smile line using your white powder, or if using gel then your paint on white or sculpting gel white, depending on which one you have.
not having enough product on the stress area (apex) can mean the enhancement is weaker, it's all a case of trial and error with each individual client, how heavy she is on her hands is dependant on how strong you make the stress area. a client consultation is normally sufficient to find out which route to take.

Thanks very much girls, you're right in what you are saying and yes perhaps I should include a question that will guage the client's lifestyle.

There wasn't any lifting so my prep was ok, just the tips flipping off and yes I am using L&P over the top. I think I know where it went wrong but hey practise makes perfect. Sometimes I feel like a complete novice and I am but I can't wait until I get a couple of years down the line and have EXPERIENCE under my belt!

Thanks again, it's nice to have an objective point of view.

Latest posts

Back