Help with choosing gels and acrylic systems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshrarebit

Reaction score
Hi All

Im new to this site and new to nail techs.

I have been training at college for 4 weeks now and we have to train with Alida products. We are learning Gel, Acrylic, Fibreglass and Sculpting methods.

What I am totally lost with is all the different products out on the market and which ones to choose from. Obviously it is very expensive to keep buying all the different brands and ive found out that with a lot of them you cant just buy them you have to train with their products before you are able to buy them.

What do I do to try and find which ones are best? and also how do I find out about training with the other products once I have finished my course and have qualified as a nail technician?

All of this is so confusing

Thanks for your help

Debbie

Hi Debbie and Welomce to the world of nails ;)

Everyone has their 'favorite' product and system to work with (obviously they wouldnt work with it if they didnt dig it!). My suggestion is to first look into companies that will take you as far as you want with education. From there you should narrow your list down quite a bit.

Hope this helps ;)

Hi Debbie,

as Samuel says, contact some of the companies you are interested in and get details of what they can do for you.

Also if it is possible go to some of the shows and talk to some of the companies and try and get some demo nails done - you will be able to get an impression of how easy a product is to work with, what scope there is within that product range and also what the finished articles will look like.

Good luck and keep us posted as to what you choose to do.

Latest posts

Back