Help with Client please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karren

Reaction score
Hi

I have a client who wears extensions (all CND products) and every maintenance appointment she turns up and when i start my rebalance i see that most of the acrylic seems not to be adhered to her nail - it doesnt appear like lifting you sometime see at the cuticle or sidewalls the whole lot seems to be lifted and just stitting on top of the nail ? so when i start my rebalance all of the product eventually flakes off and im left with just the tip and some white product?

This is the only client i have come across this on. I scrubfresh and nail fresh. She is on anti depresents and has an eating disorder - could any of this have this sort of effect ?

Do you think Brisa Gel may adhere better or is this likely to have the same outcome ?

Hope someone out there may have come across the same or help as to what i may offer her

Thanks

Kx

Hi Karren - Perhaps some primer would help here - just a thought x

Hi Karren,

I can understand how frustrated you must feel.......

Have you checked it is nothing she is doing? Is she following all her aftercare advice? Is she taking care of them? Even things like De Icer and contact lens solution affect nails.
If she is looking after them then the fact she has an eating disorder could be a factor, i know when someone suffers with this it does affect their hair,skin and nails quite drastically and the subsequent effect on the enhancement could be quite bad.
If you get no further I would try gel....I have had clients who lifted like mad with l&P then when i changed them to gel.....no probs.

I hope you get it sorted honey,

HTH
CLare

Thanks Chris & Clare - i spoke to her this morning and she said that her hair is also not in the greatest of conditions.

When she comes back in couple of weeks for her rebalance i'll definately try primer or gel and see if this makes a difference, i know sometimes its trial and error isnt it, ive just not seen it quite like this on anyone before.

kx

How annoying, I have a customer who is on anti depressants and every appointment at least 4 of her nails hav pocket lifted. She started coming every three weeks for maintenance but I changed her to 2 wks, this has helped cause she never looses any in this time but still has the dreaded pocket lifting.

If the lifting start from the cuticle why not try doing the normal using primer also, then try a top coat layer of gel.

Hi Karren
Sounds like her nails are repelling the acrylic, must be the drugs she's on. I would think the gel would react in the same way.
Deb379

Hi there...

If the nail has lifted completely away, there is the possiblility that the level of moisture is causing a lack of adhesion... I don't imagine that the anti depressants are to blame, but I would be more concerned as to the eating disorder as the nails may be in poor condition.. But this should be countered if she is using plenty of say.. solar oil

My first thought would be check your prep throughly.
removing oily top layer.
Nail fresh.
throughly scrub fresh
For real boost use a thin coat of Acid free primer.
apply product.

The other major cause would be mix ratio,
if it's too wet this will be the single greatest cause of pocket lifting
if it's too dry it may not adhere properly at all, and be quite weak.

I had a problem with this for a while with one client, not sure what was causing the problem at the time so... swopped them onto BRiSA and had no trouble.
After a few months we swopped back to L&P and have not had the same problem.

HTH

Hi thanks for your replies. No pocket lifting, just what seems to be the whole product off the nail, apart from the white off the tip !

I would say im quite confident in my prep and mix ratio - this is the only client out of say 30 that i have now experienced this with

Also Solar oil - she does use this, when she remembers ! and she has now taken a big bottle and a small bottle with her to ensure she always has some with her. i have one client who often forgets to oil regularily but have not experienced results like this ?

If anyone else has any other suggestions or experience with this could you please post your thoughts or comments for me

Many thanks all

kx

Latest posts

Back