Heres another pedi & mani recipe for those who wanted them

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LovelyisLacey

Reaction score
I'll keep adding more as I test them out

Hot Buttered Rum Manicure

Add about 1 oz dried milk to the hand soak. Soak fingers and continue as usual.

For the scrub use about 1 tablespoon brown sugar and add a sprinkle of both nutmeg and cinnamon add enough oil to make a paste. Massage clients hand with scrub mixture, rinse and pat dry.
end with a yummy lotion and pretty polish

I have not found the right lotion for this yet, a while back I found a butterscotch lotion that I think will go nicely with this manicure but I dont remember where I got it so I'm still on the hunt. If you think of one that will go nicely with it please let me know. Also if you think I should add or take away anything from any recipes let me know. I like to hear eveyones input :wink2:

Sounds delicious!
CND's Gingerbread Scentsations would round that off nicely, hard to get hold of though

Jane said:
Sounds delicious!
CND's Gingerbread Scentsations would round that off nicely, hard to get hold of though

Yes the gingerbread would be wicked with it. Great idea, Thanks!

that sounds delicious enough to eat for sure! i have never thought of making up my own recipe for manis/pedis but I am definitely going to give this a try - as luck would have it i think i have one more bottle left of gingerbead lotion to round this off but i hear this is no longer available so will be sorry to use that up (ideally wanted to keep that all to myself!) - im sure i saw another company selling something similar recently?

Nina_G said:
that sounds delicious enough to eat for sure! i have never thought of making up my own recipe for manis/pedis but I am definitely going to give this a try - as luck would have it i think i have one more bottle left of gingerbead lotion to round this off but i hear this is no longer available so will be sorry to use that up (ideally wanted to keep that all to myself!) - im sure i saw another company selling something similar recently?

You should definitely try and make up recipes its always good to add somthing to your menu. If you want some more recipes heres a link that I posted a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=13991

:D

Thank you so much for that link - now I am definitely going to get the pinny on tomorrow and start mixing up some of these recipes - what a brilliant idea.

The coconut pedicure sounds lovely.

Thanks again for this - i had really never thought of being so creative in this way before!

LovelyisLacey said:
If you think of one that will go nicely with it please let me know. Also if you think I should add or take away anything from any recipes let me know. I like to hear eveyones input :wink2:

Thanks Lovely Lacey!
I think something vanilla scented would be quite nice to go with this one.xx

Thanks again Lovely Lacey - this one sounds wonderful too!

Heres a recipe for a sugar exfoliator that I found you may already know of this recipe because its been around for a while.

1/2 cup sugar
2 tbs apricot oil (you can use another oil)
and the juice of 1/2 lemon
add a few drops of fragrant oil if you like to make is smell lovely.

combine all ingredients rub hands together to exfoliate, rinse pat dry and rub in the oil. I always put on lotion after I do this.

When I worked at a salon (at the front desk not doing nails :( ) the owner asked me to pick some gifts to give to customers so I found this recipe and made a huge batch and put it in pretty jars with a little wooden scoop and we printed the directions out on pretty quality paper and attached it with a ribbon and then added it to a little basket with other little goodies. Everyone loved it, and now its a gift that is given every year at her salon.

I found this on the net today, have not tested it out but I thought I'd share it anyway. I also found a Hawaiian sugar n salt scrub that I am going to make a few changes to and try out tonight I'll post it in a bit :p

Cranberry Sugar Pedicure
Ingredients:
10 drops of cranberry oil extract
6 Tbsp. of sugar (Course grain)
1/8 cup of grapeseed oil (from a health food store)
hot washcloth soaked with 4 drops of cranberry oil extract

Directions:

Proceed by trimming nails and pushing back cuticles.

Mix together all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
Soak feet and legs, from your toes to your calves, in large basin filled with warm water with added choice of footsoak for 10 minutes.

Then gently massage mixture into feet and legs using a loofah or sponge

This scrub will help slough off calluses and dead skin.

Remove mixture with a hot cranberry-scented washcloth.

Skin will be refreshed with a light tingly feel.

Moisturize and massage feet and ankles by adding three drops of cranberry essential oil extract to your favorite body lotion.

Apply base coat and nail polish of your choice

Thank you again, for sharing these lovey recipies!xx

Ooh, now I'm hungry! All these mani & pedi recipes you guys keep posting just sound so yummy, I don't think I could use them as I'd want to eat them instead!

Hawiian Sugar Scrub
Ingredients: Makes approx. 16 ozs.
2 cups fine white sugar or 2 cup fine sea salt
1/2 - 3/4 cup Coconut Oil (as needed)
1 tblsp. Pineapple Fragrance Oil

16 oz jar or container

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and add more or less of the Virgin Coconut Oil to your suit your preference. The mixture may seem dry at first, but wait a few hours and then add more of the coconut oil if necessary. Scrub should be moist, and not too much of the oil should be floating on top.

The Coconut Oil smells just like coconuts, is very light and absorbs nicely in the skin.

This can be used as a hand, foot, or body scrub.

I am trying to come up with some foot masks to go with each of the pedicures. I have never made my own mask before so we will see how it goes. I just ordered some dead sea mud and other stuff, I cant wait for it to arrive.

I have just joined Nail Geek, and I think it is awesome:wink2: . I think your recipes are great I will have to add the recipes I have, I have a few listed in my notebook.

Thank a bunch!!

Mz_Diva

Glad you like them! I have more in my notebook I need to post. I keep forgetting. I'm going to have to make a note to myself to post them.

pinnacle do a gingerbread lotion and its lush, plus it lasts forever! i had some on my hands and the next morning i could still smell it. for all those wondering they also do a sweet almond hand wash which matches the solar range, i use it for a soak for my mans.

nicjill said:
Ooh, now I'm hungry! All these mani & pedi recipes you guys keep posting just sound so yummy, I don't think I could use them as I'd want to eat them instead!
am i the only person who has actually tasted some of the mines products out there? incld solar range, ez flow spa - butter mint scrub plus others?
if oyuve thought bout it, all i can say is they dont taste like they smell

crazysaz said:
am i the only person who has actually tasted some of the mines products out there? incld solar range, ez flow spa - butter mint scrub plus others?
if oyuve thought bout it, all i can say is they dont taste like they smell

lol

Opi do a good lotion to go with the butter rum recipe...Avojuice, Vanilla Spice Juice.....which is vanilla with a swirl of cinnimon with a just baked aroma!!!

Yummy!

wondernail said:
Opi do a good lotion to go with the butter rum recipe...Avojuice, Vanilla Spice Juice.....which is vanilla with a swirl of cinnimon with a just baked aroma!!!

Yummy!

Sounds lovely! i'll have to try it out

Latest posts

Back