Hi, New Member, Good Advise Needed. Xxx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOEJOTY

Reaction score
Hi there, my name is Joanne, I have recently qualified as a nail technician. Am doing manicures and massage treatments along with extensions in Gel overlay and Backscratchers acrylic dip overlay. at the mo I am applying frensh tips with clear overlay for both systems. would very musch appreciate tips on products and which nail tips you find to be the best. At the mo I am still doing friends nails for free, for the practice but after the end of this week will be charging a fee. The systems I am using I felt good with, but have had 2 difficult friends, which has made me think more about the systems I should use. The dip system I use on myself, and find it superb, but my friend today is so heavy handed, she just couldn't dip right and ended up buffing for an extra 30 mins!!! I couldn't believe it, but if she could do it, I suppose someone else could be like her!!! And the gel, I used star nails one coat gel, I just can't seem to level it well, would you do a few thinner coats, even though it is supposed to be 1 coat? Have read a few messages and alot of you guys do p&w, do you all think this is a better way of working? I suppose if I did plain tips instead of french, they in theory should be able to stay on longer, as I could expand the white tip in the refills. I'm going on now, so many questions in my head. I just want to do the best job I can and get the best results. Any help will be very much appreciated. Take care everyone and hope to hear from you soon. xxxx Joanne Briffa xxxxx

hi joanne, when i do gel nails i use both p&w tips (NSI elation tips). i find these the best out of the ones i have tried. Then, like you, i use Star nails gel, but i dont do it in one coat. i will first of all go over the join in the tip and then build up the gel to a level finish. i find that if you put less gel on, and do more coats of gel it will level better and you can acheive the end result with some times no buffing at all. its hard to put into text. hope this is of some help to you. were in lancs are you?
lottie

Hi Lotti, I am in Oswaldtwistle. How about you? Thanks for the help. Like you said more lighter layers should be better. I am using millenium french tips at the mo, but am bidding on some star nails tips of of ebay at the mo. Cheers, Joanne xxxxx

just in Ramsbottom. if you kneed any more help emial me: [email protected]. i will try.
lottie

Latest posts

Back