Highlights?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spriggit82

Reaction score
Hi, since jan I've gone from a full head of blonde, to ombré (brown tint on top and bleach on ends) twice - the first attempt faded to a full head of brown tint. Haven't touched my hair since early June and been using keratin shampoo and conditioner and argon oil and now have decided that I feel much better as a blonde. I've had the split ends cut off and i know it'll take a while but do you reckon my hair would cope with a full head of highlights? I've attached pics to show you what I'd like to go back to xx (first one is what I want to eventually get to again, second is my hair colour now and the last is when it was ombré x ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1380054416.659788.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1380054479.276361.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1380054530.699698.jpg

Forgot to put this was all done at my hairdressers and the highlights will be to x the only thing I put on my hair is shampoo and conditioner lol - learnt my lesson a long time ago x

First of all you look so much better as a blonde! Makes you look more bubbly! Haha it's sounds like your hair will be in good enough condition to take full head of highlights, the best thing to do is go for a consultation and they will take a strand test to make sure the condition is good after they've coloured it and they can achieve a nice blonde x

Will do - I'm hoping to get to the hairdressers this weekend x Hoping to be as close to the blonde in the first pic as I can - blondes definitely do have more fun!! Is there any treatments I should get to keep my hair in a good condition once I'm back to blonde? X

You might not get back to as blonde as you were in the first visit, it might take 2 or 3 sets of highlights. It's best to go slow to save the condition of your hair. I like argan oil and argan miracle mask. X

Are they easy to get hold of? I'm going to aim for hopefully at least 2 sets of highlights (maybe a full head and then a half head before the end of the year x be happy even if it's not as blonde as the picture but lighter than it is now -been really moody and down since I've had the brown - it's weird how a hair colour can really effect your mood...x

I'm like that! lol well I buy it from my hair wholesalers and I'm not sure where else you can buy it tbh. I'm not sure if salons sell it or you could look on the Internet. Another geek may know somewhere else to purchase it? X

Ooh I'll have to have a look in my local wholesalers - I'm sure they must do it or something similar ? Ooh I feel more cheerful already thinking about being blonde again - this time it's for keeps :) will try and post a pic when I've had it done. thanks again for replying Hun :) love this forum xx

Ooh I'll have to have a look in my local wholesalers - I'm sure they must do it or something similar ? Ooh I feel more cheerful already thinking about being blonde again - this time it's for keeps :) will try and post a pic when I've had it done. thanks again for replying Hun :) love this forum xx

Haha blondes have more fun! :) x

The blonde definitely suits u more !!! Just look after ur hair really well don't abuse it with straighteners and yes it should take it , u will prob need 2 full heads though x

Thank you - going to go for the first full head on Monday - soo can't wait to be blonde again xx

Hiya, bit of an update - went to my hairdressers today and then done a test and my hair was fine so I've had a full head and I'm definitely on my way to blonde :) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1380396628.511094.jpg it looks a bit yellow but its the lighting. My stylist said my hair was in really good condition considering how many processes its been through and that I could get away with another full head of highlights in a couple of weeks time and that should get me to my original colour - so happy I'm on my way back to blonde :) xx

Took a better pic this morning in natural light - do you reckon one more full head of highlights will get me back to the blonde I had before? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1380448152.721386.jpg

I would leave it its beautiful and still healthy xx

Looks lovely! Came up great for the first full head ! U must be happy ? 😃

I'm over the moon it come out so good :) my stylist was really good and mixed in foils of an ash blonde just so it wasn't as brassy x going to get one more full head and then just have the t section roots done after that. Just want a slightly whiter blonde overall (just a tiny bit lighter) but I'm more than happy how different just one set made - I'm a happy blonde again!! :) x

Do you have any purple shampoo? That can really help to brighten it! X

I've got a loreal blue one I got from my hair wholesaler - would that do the trick or would it need to be lilac. Do you have any recommendations for a lilac one? X

Sorry meant purple - where did I get lilac from....ooh err! Lol

Latest posts

Back